Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Found this box and 2 hats, Trimble on left and Marathon on right at one of the malls.

B

mad_city.jpg

Nice finds, buler!

Mr. Paladin

redhawks2 said:
I fished this off the bay a few weeks ago. It's a Stetson 25 open road and is the typical greenish gray silverbelly color. It's in very nice shape and easily one of my favorite hats.
a098.jpg

Thin ribbons suit you, sir; that one is a great looking hat!

Mr. Paladin

mayserwegener said:
Fritz Hückel Hutmacher Zephyr Seal Velour probably mid to late 50s and out of Weilheim, Bavaria. This doesn't match the amazing velour finishes as pre 1940 Hückels but the overall quality is super high (unfortunately some moth damage). More details in the German - Austrian thread.

4865471735_698e83be40_b.jpg

mayserwegener, you are really amassing a fine velour collection. Your photos are showing them off very well.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Herbert Johnson thinnish ribbon

4868722829_c3d860975e_b.jpg
4869338282_c3bf2ba6d9_z.jpg

4868723143_f2ca4219c1_b.jpg

Beautiful very lightweight finely finished felt. 2-1/2" raw edge brim all around. Sold in Switzerland and sent from France. Perfect condition.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Looks similar to the Mossant De Luxe I sold to Sue. Well done, Robert :eusa_clap
Thanks Garrett. The felt is very much like the two Mossant DeLuxe I have. I don't know if they outsourced bodies at the time.[huh]

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
Fritz Hückel Hutmacher Zephyr Seal Velour probably mid to late 50s and out of Weilheim, Bavaria. This doesn't match the amazing velour finishes as pre 1940 Hückels but the overall quality is super high (unfortunately some moth damage). More details in the German - Austrian thread.

4865471735_698e83be40_b.jpg

4866089088_51a878c1e6_b.jpg

4866089310_eac81c6dc0_b.jpg

Great one! Nice ribbon, too!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
PB Cuenca Caballero

My first. I have some fine tuning to do on the brim and I don't really know what I'm doing but anyway...
64ad6159.jpg

ccajackson

Familiar Face
Very nice!

Rodkins said:
My first. I have some fine tuning to do on the brim and I don't really know what I'm doing but anyway...
64ad6159.jpg

Great-looking hat! I was torn between the Caballero and the Rio Plata when I was buying mine - I went with the Rio, but based on your hat, I can see I couldn't go wrong either way. It looks very nice as a dress hat.

I can't presume to give advice on the brim, but there are plenty of knowledgable folks here who'll be able to help you.

Cheers!

C-C

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
ccajackson said:
Great-looking hat! I was torn between the Caballero and the Rio Plata when I was buying mine - I went with the Rio, but based on your hat, I can see I couldn't go wrong either way. It looks very nice as a dress hat.

I can't presume to give advice on the brim, but there are plenty of knowledgable folks here who'll be able to help you.

Cheers!

C-C
Thanks! I'm very excited to put it to use. I can tell this is going to be a problem. I'm already thinking about my first fur-felt fedora. I have a very addictive personality.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Rodkins said:
Thanks! I'm very excited to put it to use. I can tell this is going to be a problem. I'm already thinking about my first fur-felt fedora. I have a very addictive personality.
You may be in the wroooooong place, Rodkins. We're no help whatsoever at breaking the hat addiction.

Still, welcome to the Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael