Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Well, here's my new, old Stetson western. It's a weird color (burgundy) and was very small (advertised as 6-7/8 but actually 6-3/4!!) so it took some doin' to bring it up to a 7 LO. It may have been a child's hat (??) but is of very good quality dress weight felt.

I resized it, replaced the sweat band, dyed it more brown and worked the felt into an even rougher state since it had already developed a hole in a creased area. (If you can't fix it, feature it, I always say!) I allowed it to become kind of wonky even though it would cooperate fully with being shaped better. I like it this way.

**I'm not familiar with that logo style in the crown. Anyone know if this is particularly old?...
http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii79/harpplayergene/Stetson Burgundy Western/

DSC_0007.jpg

ac98_1.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Here's the black Stetson project with brim trim, some better blocking, dust and a jute band. No where near as fine a job as I've seen some others do on this site but it's serviceable. With my poncho, I'm now ready for Halloween!
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

BROWNCLINTJOEKIDD.gif

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
The Eleven Dollar Resistol

831_DSC00963.JPG

My first ebay hat.

The label says "Style: Dalworth, Color: Canyon, Size 7 1/8, Price 20.00" It came in what appears to be the original box and looks like it may have never been worn.

What do you think?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Orvil Newton said:
831_DSC00963.JPG

My first ebay hat.

The label says "Style: Dalworth, Color: Canyon, Size 7 1/8, Price 20.00" It came in what appears to be the original box and looks like it may have never been worn.

What do you think?

extremely smooth lid with a very nice and authentic shade of khaki on my monitor....nicer shade, in fact, than the Akubra tawny fawn colour IMHO...more towards the Aussie slouch hat colour...

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Loden Dobbs....

It showed up today.....

LodenDobbs002.jpg
LodenDobbs001.jpg

JT, you can have this pin, I believe it's some sort of swiss shield/crest.....shoot me a PM.

LodenDobbs003.jpg
LodenDobbs004.jpg
LodenDobbs005.jpg

The inside of this hat looks unworn and brand new. As you can see the original price tags states it was $85.00, a far cry from what I snagged it for....$15 and change, shipped. :D

The feather and cording are already gone and the crown has a pretty sever taper, don't know if I like that or not.....[huh]

I'm not sure what type of ribbon I'm putting on it yet either. I was thinking maybe a 7/8" silver/gray, or that 1 1/2" dark green that I used on my Bianchi......

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be posting some pics when I'm done with it......:rolleyes:

bolthead

Stingy Whippet.....

I got this little Gem from our own RPeers. He had a 6 5/8 Whippet that he gotten off of OFAS, he needed the liner for a Whippet he currently had that had no liner. He had seen in the "GreyHound" Thread that I was interested in finding a Stingy Brim Whippet and I hadn't seen many before. Well he PM'd me asking if I wanted this one because he had no use for it....all I had too do was cover the shipped, he's up North across the Border. :D I was thrilled and said I'd love to have it.

When I 1st got it I took out the sweatband, which was split, but that was ok, because it was gonna have to be stretched up to a size 7. I soaked the hat in cold water and stretched it over my block, it was skin tight and I knew right away this was gonna work out just fine.......

StingyWhippet001.jpg

After it dried on there, the next day, I pealed it off.....:D and put it on to see how much more I needed to stretch it, compensating for the sweatband of course.....I then put my hat jack in it for a day. After that, I decided to give it a fuel bath, 1st time i tried this, so I thought this was a good project for it. I left it in a pail of Coleman over night & then hung it out to dry for a few hrs. The next day I tacked the sweatband back in it and gave it another bit of a stretch for good measure.....

StingyWhippet002.jpg
StingyWhippet003.jpg

Then I gave it a good steaming and some crease and this is what I ended up with.....

StingyWhippet004.jpg
StingyWhippet005.jpg

StingyWhippet006.jpg
StingyWhippet007.jpg

Thanks again Ryan for my very 1st Stingy Whippet, it is greatly appreciated. :cheers1:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Bolthead, what an amazing looking whippet. A lid like that could get me to join the stingy ranks. Really,really sharp. I would really like to see how that one looks on your noggin.:eusa_clap

bolthead

Thanks guys.....but I really have Ryan Peers to thank for it. I love it.

Bart, I'm sure you'll be seeing me in this one alot in days to come. :D

GWD, good Luck to ya.......I've been searching for one of these for a very long time, I've never, ever seen one on ebay before. Maybe with some luck rilico may run across one down the road someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL