Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
jwalls said:
502.JPG

Here is the stingy brim I tried to post Friday.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
I like the look of that. Is it an illusion, or is that brim rolled (a little)?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I just got my nice new breazy brisa from Panama Bob's end of the summer sale. I really like it. It is definitely a looser weave than my other panama, but it is real sharp. I think this one will become my summer dress hat, while the other one (in need of a little restoration after a summer of hard use) will be my beater.

I have not snapped the brim yet, as that will take a little steam, and I just got it. Anyway, this isn't going to be worn much right now, because it just became fall (cold front last night, high below 80 today).
Photo50.jpg

Yeps said:
I just got my nice new breazy brisa from Panama Bob's end of the summer sale. I really like it. It is definitely a looser weave than my other panama, but it is real sharp. I think this one will become my summer dress hat, while the other one (in need of a little restoration after a summer of hard use) will be my beater.

I have not snapped the brim yet, as that will take a little steam, and I just got it. Anyway, this isn't going to be worn much right now, because it just became fall (cold front last night, high below 80 today).
Photo50.jpg

Yeps, I kind of like the swooped look, very Hollywood and rakish, esp with that outfit.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeps said:

Photo50.jpg
You can snap-brim many hats, but you can't leave many hats turned up like that and have it look good. That hat looks good on you as is, in my opinion. Snap some other brim is my thought.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
danofarlington said:
You can snap-brim many hats, but you can't leave many hats turned up like that and have it look good. That hat looks good on you as is, in my opinion. Snap some other brim is my thought.

Okay, I think I will leave it. We will see how I feel about it when straw season rolls back around.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Package from Akubra

This came last night...I was very excited to see my first stylemaster...
1f86d07c.jpg

It looked a little beat up and I was nervous...
e066391f.jpg

I worked on it awhile and I think it's going to ok. I might need some help when I get back on Monday after a short trip. I didn't take any pics last night after I worked on it so I'll put some up when I get back.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
RobFedoraField said:
e066391f.jpg

can't wait to see more pics, that's one of the hats on my "short" list.

I'm surprised it didn't just "pop" back into the factory crease, or were you trying to modify it?
I wanted to get a picture of the condition right out of the box. The crown popped back fairly easily. The bumps on the brim not so much. I think they are decent now. I didn't have much time to work with it last night. It's a little loose but I think it should be at this point as I'm sure it will shrink.

My new French, uh I mean american hat.

This was auction pic:
Fletchet.jpg

This was "out of the box"
IMG_4896.JPG

This was after I had my way with it
IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4900_1.JPG

for $18 shipped, I am a happy camper! (even though you can't tell by the picture)

it's a Chapeau Flechet (whic according to Yahoo Bablefish, it means Flechet Hat) that is "genuine fur felt" but as french as that sounds the square size tag tucked behind the sweat proudly declairs that this hat is Made in the U.S.A. either way I like it and I'm hoping to try it with my suit this weekend.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
RobFedoraField said:
This was auction pic:
Fletchet.jpg

This was "out of the box"
IMG_4896.JPG

This was after I had my way with it
IMG_4898.JPG

IMG_4900_1.JPG

for $18 shipped, I am a happy camper! (even though you can't tell by the picture)

it's a Chapeau Flechet (whic according to Yahoo Bablefish, it means Flechet Hat) that is "genuine fur felt" but as french as that sounds the square size tag tucked behind the sweat proudly declairs that this hat is Made in the U.S.A. either way I like it and I'm hoping to try it with my suit this weekend.
Nice work! Looks good.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Won this one and a stingy Champ on ebay for $19.50 including shipping. She crammed the Champ down tight onto the Stetson, tossed them in a box and shipped them. The Champ is nothing but the Stetson isn't bad.

Looks rather like a Wanderer. Close enough anyway. 2 3/8" brim and 7/8" ribbon. A nice useful gray. A little rest and a little steam will take care of the crown. Ribbon needs a bit of touch-up too.

Wanderer4.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BanjoMerlin said:
Won this one and a stingy Champ on ebay for $19.50 including shipping. She crammed the Champ down tight onto the Stetson, tossed them in a box and shipped them. The Champ is nothing but the Stetson isn't bad.

Looks rather like a Wanderer. Close enough anyway. 2 3/8" brim and 7/8" ribbon. A nice useful gray. A little rest and a little steam will take care of the crown. Ribbon needs a bit of touch-up too.

Wanderer4.jpg
That's a nice-looking one. I like the color, shape and ribbon width.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
On the other the quaility spectrum -

we couldn't pass up this Emerson at the thrift store for $2.50. It's pretty moth eaten, but my wife now has a rain hat. There are no stickers, tags, etc.

The rest of the hat, with a head in it, will be posted in the WHAYW thread.

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

DSC_0054-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24