Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
My size 59cm (actually fits) Maysers silk Top Hat (Zylinderhut) arrived yesterday. It has some wear but not bad for the price plus rarity. This is the first pre WWII Mayser hat (of any type) I have encountered. I am thinking this one is early 1900s. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

5142814334_bf3372ddc2_b.jpg

5142814596_d596c84e28_b.jpg

5142813734_8cf8a67d1e_b.jpg

5142815102_97ee057ed5_b.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My size 59cm (actually fits) Maysers silk Top Hat (Zylinderhut) arrived yesterday. It has some wear but not bad for the price plus rarity. This is the first pre WWII Mayser hat (of any type) I have encountered. I am thinking this one is early 1900s. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

Gorgeous Topper Steve!! It looks to be of very high quality craftsmanship. The Austrian and German hat makers really made some amazing stuff in the prewar years. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I like the straw hats and this boater is not exception, looks great on you, congratulations Josh, beauty hat.

Nice lid.

I'm not a big fan of boaters - to me they're inextricably linked with private school kids - but this one is different. I'd wear that for sure, the snap brim makes all the difference. And the taller, slightly tapered crown... it's a Boatora! Great hat, anyway, and it looks great on you.

Thanks 150719541, bolthead, & DAJE!!!:)

Thanks! :) It has some major signs of ware but I got it because of the Mayser connection. I have been looking for an old Mayser for a long time. This is the first one I found and it turned out to be a Top hat. Mayser exported hats (all types) to the US about same time period (early 1900s) so maybe some will show up over here some day.

Last edited:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I like that one, RLK.

It reminds me a bit of the Stetson I wore (and posted) last week. Yours seems to have a somewhat formal vibe where mine is a little sporty. Or so it seems to me. But I would guess that they date to the same general period. Cool hat ... :cool:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I received this Know Westlite "Open Road" last night...
knoxwestlite3.jpg

knoxwestlite2.jpg

The cattlemans crease on this hat did not look right at all (on me) so I rebashed it into this for now...
553243d3.jpg

e9881d2c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay