Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fmw

One Too Many
Now THAT is one good looking hat!! And it looks RIGHT on you !! After seeing it on you I'm going to have to get one just like it for me !!
Onward thru the fog :)

I recommend it. I'm no expert to be sure but it seems like ra very nice hat to me. My background is with western hats and I'm new to fedoras. This hat is nicer than any of the 1960's 4X or 6X beaver westerns I have. Quite a bit nicer in terms of feel and finish. Perhaps Delmonico has your size in stock.

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
Well, Im halfway there, then. I already have the microphone.:D

I've always liked jazz music and, in fact, I play a little of it myself. I've always liked pork pie hats because they are so popular with jazz musicians. I have only one pork pie and my wife despises it. It's too bad. I think it's very cool. Yours is even cooler, cat.

Last edited:

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I got this yesterday from Mr E Train. Its a brown Miller Bros Gold label porkpie.
0105111602.jpg

Its a nice quality hat in great shape. Although I like it, Im not sure I love it. But there it is.

Well, it looks good on ya. It's actually an Adam, from their Premier Quality line. I guess Miller Brothers just sold them. The felt is really nice and I think it suits you, so hopefully you'll grow to love it.

fdwrench

New in Town
Hi,
New guy here, UPS just delivered my first fedora type hat. An Akubra Sydney, I emailed David Morgan and asked if they had any size 8 and they replied "yes, how many do you wont?" I paid for it Tuesday and it was delivered Thursday. They do have my business. Now I have to figure out how to bash it.

I have been thinking that I will most likely need a summer hat and a dress hat and a... What have I started?
Ed

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here's another cool old hat I can enjoy looking at but unfortunately never wear. Has anyone on here ever heard of a Stetson Supper Club?
5ee6db5a.jpg

side.jpg

inside.jpg

sweat.jpg

f9f22866.jpg

c6d9626b.jpg

49385d8f.jpg

16b21dd0.jpg

Early 40's?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here's another cool old hat I can enjoy looking at but unfortunately never wear. Has anyone on here ever heard of a Stetson Supper Club?
5ee6db5a.jpg

Thats really cool and interesting Rodkins. I wonder what the difference between a Supper Club and a regular ST. Regis is? The Supper Club seems to have a different ribbon. Ive never seen a regular ST. Regis homburg to have black felt with dark purple/magenta brim binding though.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thats really cool and interesting Rodkins. I wonder what the difference between a Supper Club and a regular ST. Regis is? The Supper Club seems to have a different ribbon. Ive never seen a regular ST. Regis homburg to have black felt with dark purple/magenta brim binding though.
I know - the edge binding is different. I have seen this on several homburgs on ebay. It's almost like it used to be black and faded to the hue it is now.

billyspew

One Too Many
I know - the edge binding is different. I have seen this on several homburgs on ebay. It's almost like it used to be black and faded to the hue it is now.

I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not, I have an Adam the same. I'd have expected the edge and the crown ribbon to have been the same type and to have both faded though?

In relation to Josh's question the bow is a more elaborate box bow than on the St Regis.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not, I have an Adam the same. I'd have expected the edge and the crown ribbon to have been the same type and to have both faded though?

In relation to Josh's question the bow is a more elaborate box bow than on the St Regis.
I thought about that also if they are the same material. It also would have had to fade very conistently because the color is consistent.

T Rick

Practically Family
Hmmmm....maybe a trip over to the Outlet today....just for a look mind you....
Well, be prepared to be impressed with prices! I don't want to start a stampede mind you, but I called recently to inquire about a Whippet. I was shocked at the price quoted (nearly half what I've seen online). But the only one they had in my size was black, not what I was after. Interestingly, also a very good price (though not AS good) on the open Road. Further, I'm told they can now order hats from Stetson. While the lady said pricing would be similar, she couldn't be specific on certain models (I asked about a Nostalgia, she said they hadn't gotten any in yet- said she could order one once the factory re-opens, though she couldn't get a price until then).

Well, whether as built or a vintage "quirk" of aging, it looks great! Can't wear it due to size I presume, bummer. Is it a true 7 1/8 or has it shrunk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy