Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
wow, it's gorgeous.

5324582156_571a6061f3_b.jpg

unbelievable Robert.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
The postman has just delivered my Christmas present to myself: a new Dobbs Jet from Hats and Caps UK. The price was too good to pass up at just 85 pounds.
I was a bit wary of ordering a production hat, having several very nice vintage ones and a small collection of brilliant VS hats. But I am impressed with the quality of this hat. It's not quite vintage quality, nor is it a hand-made custom, but it's not bad! The felt has a very nice, quality feel to it; flexible, dense, and smooth. The sweat is real leather, though a bit stiff, and the oval is too round for my long-oval head. I'll have to "sweet talk" it a bit, as Alanfgag sayslollol
Nice proportions, tapered crown of course, but a nice stingy for those of us who like them. Some pictures:
IMG_6756.jpg

IMG_6757.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6755.jpg

Notice here that all the stitches on the bow are hidden; I thought that was a classy touch:
IMG_6766.jpg

On the noggin; I think the shape suits me:
IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

All in all, I'm very happy with this hat and I'll be getting one in grey very soon!

Received this handsome hombie today from FL homie lexybeast... my first 'un. In my parents wedding pictures from 1946, every guy is wearing a homburg. Much better pictures of the hat here. Thanks Alex!

homburg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic