Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Still can't find the date stamp (not looking hard enough I guess).
May be hidden by the liner...
5317413476_c0de69df3f.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
T Rick : Wonderful hat. That ribbon is beautiful. It looks well built too. Well worth saving. How tall is it open crowned? Looks about 5 1/2". Gotta say it again, that ribbon color and width really stands out and makes the hat.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
The Navy Mellon's Lee Water-Bloc Homburg came in...
It's hard to see the navy color - I need a new camera.
02256506.jpg

9a84ec11.jpg

inside.jpg

Open crown-
175fba0f.jpg

Center dent-
ede64d92.jpg

b6fbb5fb.jpg

I love it - my wife hates it.

T Rick

Practically Family
BEAUTIFUL Mallory, T Rick!
Thanks!

T Rick : Wonderful hat. That ribbon is beautiful. It looks well built too. Well worth saving. How tall is it open crowned? Looks about 5 1/2". Gotta say it again, that ribbon color and width really stands out and makes the hat.
Thanks also! The open crown height measures right around 5 1/4".

As to the color of the ribbon, I'll say this, Paul at Henry's told me on the phone (based on my description of the color) that he 'd bet if we looked at the back side of the ribbon, we'd see a much darker color brown, the front having faded. I looked and he was right. The thing is (and what maybe he doesn't understand?) is that this is part of the "patina" that a Collector comes to appreciate about vintage items (be it a hat, a watch or even a vintage razor, collectors will have an appreciation for this).

Now the ribbon is stained, and I may not be able to get the stains out. But I'm not that certain the hat itself needs to be cleaned or blocked, so I'm in no hurry to turn them loose on it. If I do, and do end up needing to replace the ribbon (which he is certain is necessary), I'll certainly keep the old one, and try to match the new one to the current shade and width as close as possible.

The Navy Mellon's Lee Water-Bloc Homburg came in...
It's hard to see the navy color - I need a new camera.

9a84ec11.jpg

...I love it - my wife hates it.
That is a sweet looking Homburg! I'd like one myself, though I'm not sure what I'd wear it with. I rarely wear suits, and to me, these are a more "formal" or business attire look. Though I might be able to adjust that perception. Maybe your wife will adjust hers. If not, there's always the "guy's night out"...

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
That is a sweet looking Homburg! I'd like one myself, though I'm not sure what I'd wear it with. I rarely wear suits, and to me, these are a more "formal" or business attire look. Though I might be able to adjust that perception. Maybe your wife will adjust hers. If not, there's always the "guy's night out"...
Thanks. I'm still not sure if this is my hat or not.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
OK, got my Wormser in...

Well, the new Wormser I got in really did live up to my hopes from the tiny pics the ebay auction had of it. I am very happy.

What do you guys think... is it from the 1950s?

5320632709_c716c22227.jpg

5321235966_da778bd779.jpg

5321236026_e45c35b075.jpg

5320633115_2f4acb7873.jpg

5320632977_9e8c237dff.jpg

5321236138_3364a93903.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou