Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0671.jpg

Extraordinary Borso, Bob -- looks, great on you, as well.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve! I love the ribbon and binding on that Huckel!
5436292528_48a45f9537_b.jpg

I wish modern "off the shelf" fedoras were still offered with angle cut and frayed ribbon treatments like that.

I second Joshbru's sentiments! That's a great looking lid -- love the felt/ribbon color combo, and the frayed ribbon treatment. Interesting to see that element on a Huckel. Very nice.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely love this lid. Nice pick-up, Josh!

+1 I missed that one, but it's a very sharp lid. The brim width seems to suit you fine. I know I prefer 2 1/2 inch brims, and going up 1/4 seems to make a lot of difference looking from under the hat, but really it looks good on you. Nice find. Enjoy!

Mayser Homburg

Mayser Homburg, brown, size 60cm. This one is really nice with a beautiful liner. I am thinking mid 1950s maybe a bit older. Another one from Kramer of Frankfurt / Main.

5439059920_b798f026d6_b.jpg

5438467155_1cd4e38c12_b.jpg

5438475467_f8269ff0a2_b.jpg

5438488681_41c711dbc5_b.jpg

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mayser Homburg, brown, size 60cm. This one is really nice with a beautiful liner. I am thinking mid 1950s maybe a bit older. Another one from Kramer of Frankfurt / Main.

5439059920_b798f026d6_b.jpg

That's got the same color as an earlier homburg you had, no? It's such an unusual color (identical to that of a Borsalino I have), that I wonder for how many years that color would have been in general production. That would help me guess the date of mine. As is, with low crown, I was guessing later 50s, when I imagine low crowns were in greater vogue, being a hipper alternative at the time after years of higher crowns. Or whenever the lower crowns came in to distinguish themselves from earlier models.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Royal DeLuxe Stetson Light Heather

5438824637_9c4fafee89_b.jpg

5439405506_be9624182e_z.jpg
5439041157_919a77a9e5_z.jpg

Really light and soft. Not as stingy as listed - 2-3/8" underwelt brim. E C Olson is the same seller as the first hat I ever posted here.

Fairly decent Hat Week.

Last edited:
That's got the same color as an earlier homburg you had, no? It's such an unusual color (identical to that of a Borsalino I have), that I wonder for how many years that color would have been in general production. That would help me guess the date of mine. As is, with low crown, I was guessing later 50s, when I imagine low crowns were in greater vogue, being a hipper alternative at the time after years of higher crowns. Or whenever the lower crowns came in to distinguish themselves from earlier models.

I have several brown Homburgs with slightly different shades of brown. You can't go by the color of the felt when dating. You have to look at the total package. I am sure if you posted photos (including the paper label) on the Borsalino thread someone could date your hat.

Really light and soft. Not as stingy as listed - 2-3/8" underwelt brim. E C Olson is the same seller as the first hat I ever posted here.

Fairly decent Hat Week.

Super! I really like everything about this one. The felt is amazing!

Where did you get The American Hatter Directory?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Super! I really like everything about this one. The felt is amazing!

Where did you get The American Hatter Directory?
A Book and Art Dealer officially in Munich, but had an Austrian mailing address on the box which he kindly brought to the USA for posting on a visit to avoid a huge fee. Small size but over 700 pages. The inside is in great shape but the soft leather cover is rather delicate.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183