Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
Well got upto 85 today here in Austin so I got to try out my new Panama Fedora with seersucker jacket :)

MA

Panama.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic: I posted this on the "how many hats" thread but, since I really want to share it with you--in case you don't visit that thread--I'm posting the link to my finally complete wardrobe of hats. Click on the pic, please.

fmw

One Too Many
If anything is able to steer a long time Stetson fan away from the brand, this is it. Today I received a box from Brighton, TN and the contents are stunning. It looks something like a cross between an Akubra outback hat and a Stetson Open road but in a beautiful medium gray color. The hat is rabbit fur, 3" brim bound in gray grosgrain, 5" crown with a C crease and pinches, leather reeded sweat band and a hat band that is a perfect match for it. It is black leather with gray embroidery. Thank you Mr. Moore. The man can certainly make a hat!

buckaroo1.jpg

buckaroo2.jpg

buckarooband.jpg

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Stingy Cavanaghs

5512978808_52d677c2bc_b.jpg

5512975700_40c8c0c2a2_b.jpg

Beautiful felt and nicely proportioned early 60's(?). These are the only "vintage" hats that have crown dimensions similar to current Stetson offerings. However, the brims come up just shy of 1-3/4" to go with the crown at just over 4" at the front pinch.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
You know, I consider myself a fairly well-educated guy, able to wrap my mind around different concepts... but this one I'm really having trouble with! :confused:

But seriously, very nice collection, my friend!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers,
Tom

Believe me, Tom. It was a though desision, comparable to quitting smoking/drinking cold turkey. But this hobby of ours is a pricey one and there are other things I need to focus my finances on right now.
Let's hope I don't fall off the wagon!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Isoard Marseilles

French wafer.

5512992588_d5b20b4b06_b.jpg
5512390619_6da3bdd454_z.jpg
5512388189_aa63e580bd_z.jpg

5-1/2" x 2-3/8" with a triple stitched broad overwelt. Very flat topped crown block. Suede-like fairly thick felt not overly well finished.

If anything is able to steer a long time Stetson fan away from the brand, this is it. Today I received a box from Brighton, TN and the contents are stunning. It looks something like a cross between an Akubra outback hat and a Stetson Open road but in a beautiful medium gray color. The hat is rabbit fur, 3" brim bound in gray grosgrain, 5" crown with a C crease and pinches, leather reeded sweat band and a hat band that is a perfect match for it. It is black leather with gray embroidery. Thank you Mr. Moore. The man can certainly make a hat!

buckaroo1.jpg

buckaroo2.jpg

buckarooband.jpg

fmw,

That is an excellent looking hat, both color and stylewise and fits you well. I can see why you're smiling so much in that picture. The Major did a great job on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy