Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Wow, that's super. What color is the ribbon?

Purple.

Is it iridescent in person, like it seems in these photos?

Yup, everything is in natural lighting, more or less. No editing there. It doesn't have a 'uniform' color, which kinda adds to the appeal, imo.

There's only one 'problem' though. I can't get the snap brim to be centralized; is that normal? My Borso straw also has that 'problem'.

Last edited:

GamaH

A-List Customer
A fine Milan! Unusual to incorporate edge binding in a Milan, but it works well with the straw color. Congratulations!

I actually didn't ask for that. In fact, I didn't ask for anything when it came to the brim edge, because I felt that I didn't know enough about different finishes for the edge to make an informed decision, and I knew that if I said "A" but really had "B" in mind, I would probably be disappointed when it came. So I told Tiffani that I basically knew nothing about what choice of brim edge I wanted, but I was confident that they know exactly what they're doing. Sure enough, it exceeded my expectations. I love how it looks. It differs a bit from the style shown on the website, which is what I think makes it personal.

Another thing though, I can't seem to give the brim that drastic a snap; is there anyway I can the snap in the brim to look like it does on Optimo's website? It's 2 1/4 inch, and looking at some of the other 2 1/4 brimmed hats, that shouldn't be a problem.

First slide: http://optimohats.com/#/hats/28/
Second slide: http://optimohats.com/#/hats/37/

How did they get the brim to go downward so much?

P.S.: How are the brim edges in those 2 links done?

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I actually didn't ask for that. In fact, I didn't ask for anything when it came to the brim edge, because I felt that I didn't know enough about different finishes for the edge to make an informed decision, and I knew that if I said "A" but really had "B" in mind, I would probably be disappointed when it came. So I told Tiffani that I basically knew nothing about what choice of brim edge I wanted, but I was confident that they know exactly what they're doing. Sure enough, it exceeded my expectations. I love how it looks. It differs a bit from the style shown on the website, which is what I think makes it personal.

Another thing though, I can't seem to give the brim that drastic a snap; is there anyway I can the snap in the brim to look like it does on Optimo's website? It's 2 1/4 inch, and looking at some of the other 2 1/4 brimmed hats, that shouldn't be a problem.

First slide: http://optimohats.com/#/hats/28/
Second slide: http://optimohats.com/#/hats/37/

How did they get the brim to go downward so much?

P.S.: How are the brim edges in those 2 links done?

They really don't snap very steeply, they are relatively flat--more the effect of the camera position. The two have the equivalent of a stitched underwelt.

GamaH

A-List Customer
Ah! it looks green and purple on my PC.

Let me try and take another picture, without flash. Flash seems to distort colors; turning black into blue etc.

Edit: Sorry guys, looks like it's my blackberry's camera that's giving it the greenish tint, rather than anything else. Comparing side by side, the color in the picture is quite off.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
But won't it be too dark then? Or do you mean with Flash?

Sorry guys for the off topic here. We can PM GamaH if you have further questions. Taken from a photo website: "Outdoor photography tips: Lighting Outdoor shots are usually best taken when the sun is not directly overhead. Because at that time the light is coming directly down and bouncing straight back up. It does not reflect off and around objects. Early morning or evening is usually the best time for outdoor photos. A cloudy day is also good, because the light is diffused as it comes through the clouds. "

Rockel Wildleder

I think this one is pretty interesting. Size 59cm, date stamped 1962 and in fine condition. Unique ribbon and bow work with a very nice felt finish.

5885520168_579e340237_b.jpg

5884954269_5f2a49a4da_b.jpg

5884958687_53aa56d483_b.jpg

5885527734_00f44d2cd3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen