Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I think this one is pretty interesting. Size 59cm, date stamped 1962 and in fine condition. Unique ribbon and bow work with a very nice felt finish.

5885520168_579e340237_b.jpg

What a great profile! The colours work nicely together as well.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Wow, pretty decorative, fluffy satin liner, there, almost doily-esque! I guess they compensated for the rather drab exteriors by fancifying the liners. How does it fit? (I'm always tempted to get a bowler, but fear it'll fit like a lamp shade.)

MojoStick

New in Town
Thirft Store Fresh!

Found this today.
Stetson $5 thrift store find. Guess it could be considered a beater,
but it does have character...

stetson3.jpg

InsolentPuppy

A-List Customer
So I got a $20 homburg off ebay for the purpose of turning it into a lord's hat similar to this:
lordshat.png

It's my 1st attempt at altering a hat. Once I find the shape I want I'll have Falcon Park or Leon Drexler create a professional version. This is where I'm at so far.
33918575.jpg

23823623.jpg

66644779.jpg

96167604.jpg

43081517.jpg

26009073.jpg

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Excellent idea Chicago!

I like it because it's a style you don't regularly see fellas wearing. I also always liked the rolled edges of a bowler or derby, but until now was reluctant to bash a crown.

I actually wouldn't mind one in a pecan or taupe with contrasting ribbons!

See! Now you got me thinking!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
hm. looks to me like you've got it, IP. I like that a lot. "Lord's hat?" I'm not familiar with the term. Is that what you call a homburg with a teardrop?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Cool. I think, in that case, I may own one, though it doesn't even have the stitching, as yours appears to. Also I believe Joshbru posted one recently that fits that description.

My understanding is that a Lord's hat is just a Homburg with an unbound brim. I'm not sure if the style of the crown makes any difference. Scroll half-way down.

I think this term might have been used in England. It might have also crossed over to the US but I don't think it was used on the Continent. The Homburg has a German brim curl. To me the flatter brims with side curl don't fit the bill with or without binding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL