Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Alan... that is not your hat.

Too low a crown... too wide a ribbon and the crease is just not you.
I say this as all the hats you wear look great .... this one just dont work. IMO.

I might have to agree with Rusty on this one. Hope you don't mind the observations, Alan.

I think I'm in love!

This is my first VS hat. Blue Smoke with a Charcoal Band and Gray Accent. Teardrop Crown. A hat that finally fits me. I cant wait to receive my second hat. My sister said that it is the best looking hat I own. Forgive the photo setup, as there is a jar of coins holding it up.

Art.jpg

This hat is fantastic. I love the ribbon treatment on it!

A mysterious straw with no markings other than the simple sweatband imprint. Some additional thoughts in the Panama Canal.

legstets2.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
"Marke Gral - vom Schoenen das Schoenste" (trans: of the beautiful, the most beautiful)

Here's my latest find that I'm very pleased with. Got it last night. Fits me like a glove. Charcoal grey, it's by a German hat maker that I can only find one reference to:
'Zeumer Hut-Fabrik', Mannheim, which makes sense because I bought it near Mannheim.

No idea how old it is.

The shop also had a brown Borsalino, but to my annoyance it was too small. Very nice it was, too!

82401195.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

95684468.jpg

37578010.jpg

22777983.jpg

70503573.jpg

Last edited:
"Marke Gral - vom Schoenen das Schoenste" (trans: of the beautiful, the most beautiful)

Here's my latest find that I'm very pleased with. Got it last night. Fits me like a glove. Charcoal grey, it's by a German hat maker that I can only find one reference to:
'Zeumer Hut-Fabrik', Mannheim, which makes sense because I bought it near Mannheim.

No idea how old is is.

The shop also had a brown Borsalino, but to my annoyance it was too small. Very nice it was, too!

Super find! I will comment in the German - Austrian thread. Also please post the photos over there when you have a moment.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alan... that is not your hat.

Too low a crown... too wide a ribbon and the crease is just not you.
I say this as all the hats you wear look great .... this one just dont work. IMO.

I wouldn't say it doesn't work, but it seems a little too frivolous for Alan. He matches up well with the more serious-looking hats, whch BTW don't necessarily go well on everybody. Most hats are on the serious side, I think.

T Rick

Practically Family
Stetson Austral, 4XXXX Buffalo (whatever that means) from the Old West and American Buffalo Collections. More pics coming up in the "Western, Anyone?" thread.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:

harty

New in Town
First post. I found this hat at an estate sale, which is what brought me to this board--I was looking for more information. I love what I see so far.

005-1.jpg

My mom joked that she thought the picture remided her of the old "Kilroy was here" grafitti.

T Rick

Practically Family
It can only mean that it took four buffaloes to make that hat!
Lol! I was thinking 4 rabbits and a buffalo...

Seriously, we all know the X's have no discernible meaning any more, I wonder why they keep up the charade? Anyway, it's an interesting hat, and I think will serve me well. For now, I've switched to my green brown & black Hat People cap. Very comfy. Need to get some pics of it on.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
looks great, T!

Welcome, harty-- that's all I need-- another enabler here in my town! :) Well, I hope we're at least different sizes. Welcome to the lounge. What hat is that black one? Looks like a nice find.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here's about cheap as you can get: An off-the-rack, brown, light-weight, no-lining trilby from a discount label store for £10...
Made supposedly by "Failsworth of Manhattan" (but if you look up Failsworth they're in Manchester, UK - which is where I bought the hat)

...but for some reason, I like it...

img4257m.jpg

img4255m.jpg

img4256z.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
TRick, I don't know if you've had a positive experience with the hats from River Junction. I made one, non-hat, purchase from them, and I would never consider even looking at their site again. Here's the story.

T Rick

Practically Family
TRick, I don't know if you've had a positive experience with the hats from River Junction. I made one, non-hat, purchase from them, and I would never consider even looking at their site again. Here's the story.
Never bought a hat from them so I can't say. I have bought a few other items from them (though it was years ago), and had no issues at all (in fact I was quite pleased). Off to read your linked story now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael