Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Panizza Antilope surprise

P1020933.JPG
P1020932.JPG

P1020934.JPG
P1020931.JPG

Finally an older Panizza. Seller described the two hats as 21" and 22"--this is a size 6 punti under front of band. Other hat(cap) about the same. Bigger and better than anticipated. Came with a fair size beetle-like creature that was in fact alive inside the crown. Just over 2-3/4" brim.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Came with a fair size beetle-like creature that was in fact alive inside the crown. Just over 2-3/4" brim.

The hat looks great. Your story reminds me that I received (dead to be fair) the biggest cockroach I've ever seen, packed in with a hat. Not naming names, but from a Lounger :D:D

Two interesting recent misfires. More photos on the Cap Faction and the Cavanagh Club.

Might be a slight misfire, but that is a beautiful Cavanagh, Alan.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Gay Prince

Picked up this Dobbs Gay Prince over the weekend, for $9.97. Almost hit the 'submit' button after creating the ebay listing tonight, then changed my mind - despite the hole in the side, the small 7 1/8 size, and a piece of felt about to come out, everything about this hat said "keep me". So I added a 1940's Knox Twenty ribbon I'd been saving, barely covering the holes, cut the sweat at the back, and I've got a great hat.

GP-Front.JPG

GP-Side.JPG

After:

GP-redo.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Picked up this Dobbs Gay Prince over the weekend, for $9.97. Almost hit the 'submit' button after creating the ebay listing tonight, then changed my mind - despite the hole in the side, the small 7 1/8 size, and a piece of felt about to come out, everything about this hat said "keep me". So I added a 1940's Knox Twenty ribbon I'd been saving, barely covering the holes, cut the sweat at the back, and I've got a great hat.

GP-Front.JPG

GP-Side.JPG

After:

GP-redo.JPG

great work at this Hat and a good idea

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Elegant & Leger German or Austrian black (with some other colors mixed in) Back Bow Velour. The Velour is thick & plush with a wide over welt. There is no paper label or company marks but possible this one is from around WWI.

6286592710_0150de1217_b.jpg

6286602794_fef4903d08_b.jpg

6286093261_551c546186_b.jpg

6286620656_f0d4ee55cd_b.jpg

WHOA!! That hat came out great, Steve! It looked like a winner from the auction pictures, but after a little elbow grease, it just looks phenomenal. I love the back bow treatment, but especially because the frayed ribbon has a "v" cut to it. That wide overwelted brim treatment is very cool too. It looks to be from around WW1. It actually reminds me a lot of this 1913 Mallory Ad:

1913Mallory.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner