Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
Not so big on ME!

I had to share this with everyone. Erik (Lefty) sold me his enormous Resistol "Kitten Finish" hat. It's a size 7 7/8! But, it's not enormous on me. It's a nice snug fit on my big noggin. I now know for sure that a size 8 is the best size for me. This one fits, but it's really snug. Good thing for that "self-conforming" feature, too. After a while, I hardly notice it's there.

I pushed out the bash and just gave it a simple center dent for now. I'd like to try some other kind of bash; I'll have to experiment with it. Without the side dents, it has an older look. Don't ya think? Here's two shots of me at work:

6302683265_a27d68b17a.jpg

6302683267_55dc82a6a7_b.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
hatophile, Rodkins, delectans, and Chepstow, thank you for the nice comments. Granite is a great color; I believe that at the moment this is my favorate hat, at least until I get my next one.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Scooter, RBH, and Ordinary Guy, Thank you all for the comments. I like that cresae very much. I believe that it's going to be my fall back option, at least for a while.

BR

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alright, here are the fruits of my recent less-conventional-than-usual Ebids. Not sure if I can predict how much noggin' time they will get, but they are kind of awesome. Both arrived at my door this morning.

First, a Bailey Panama derby with a nice golden-wheat-like patina (or dye?) and a sage green ribbon:

020copyt.jpg

021copy.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
And second, an Amish hat made by Flying Cloud Hats in PA. It's an exceptionally well made heavy and stiff wool. Black with a charcoal ribbon and bound edge, I think. The leather sweatband and liner are particularly cool, IMHO. I snapped the front down, and initially like it that way, but I plan on messing with it and seeing what sticks.

026copy.jpg

027copy.jpg

028copyv.jpg

030copy.jpg

031copy.jpg

Couldn't beat the price on these...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner