Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Yesterday I received this Pilgrim from another lounger. I love it.
f06e3c2b.jpg

Thanks Josh!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
First off - This thread should NEVER get to the second page, folks!

Second - Pre-1934 Mallory panama "optimo" in time for winter :eeek: That's right! :whip:

IMG_5064.jpg

Great find, Garrett!! I love the straight block of that optimo crown. Very Nice weave too. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Feraud

Bartender
Here is my light rust-colored Borsalino fedora: ‘kitten finish’ beaver felt, with an overwelt brim edge. As close to orange as a serious fedora can get.
What, you may ask, can be worn with an orange fedora? Why, teal blue of course – preferably in gabardine or flannel. With orangey brown shoes, if you please.
IMG_4197-1.jpg

I love the ensemble!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Lots of solid lids around here lately. Extra compliments to Marc for that color combination, and Rodkins, for that amazing ribbon on your new hat!

My new hat should be the last one for a while. It's become my daily go-to fedora. Let me introduce you to the [modern] Stefeno Teardrop in Caribou.

All the cool cats have one. ;)
11-23-11_newHat_img1.JPG

Boy, this hat is cozy. Soft leather sweatband with comfortably lined fur felt... no wonder I have three Stefenos. (Please pardon the flash in this one.)
11-23-11_newHat_img2.JPG

I got it to go with this sport coat. The jacket is a rather ambiguous gray-brown-green-something, and I think the chocolate-charcoal Caribou color suits it. Does it seem about right to your eyes?
11-23-11_newHat_img3.JPG

-Steven

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
My new hat should be the last one for a while. It's become my daily go-to fedora. Let me introduce you to the [modern] Stefeno Teardrop in Caribou.
I got it to go with this sport coat. The jacket is a rather ambiguous gray-brown-green-something, and I think the chocolate-charcoal Caribou color suits it. Does it seem about right to your eyes?
11-23-11_newHat_img3.JPG

-Steven

Looks great with that sportcoat, too! Too bad the hat doesn't come in "Extra HUGE" (my size is 8!) otherwise I'd get one. They're on sale, too, at hats-plus.com

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Thanks! Admittedly, it's ain't the cup of tea of the other 99%.

Can I join the 1% club as a student member? I've tried outfits of similar colors, but substituting thrift store suits (none in blue yet... working on that!) and a modern Stefeno in Whiskey (pretty orange to my eyes). That's a sharp set of colors, thanks for sharing them.

And thanks Bob and Cicero for the kind words. It was in fact Hats-plus.com where I ordered it from. Sadly, Bob, you're right about the sizes. I'm usually a 7 3/8, and with just a little bit of padding added behind the sweatband, the "X-Large 7 1/2-7 5/8" is a comfortable, if a little loose, fit.

-Steven

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I have had that Oxford bookmarked for a long time... One of these days [maybe] I will save up and splurge. Since I'm typically a very casual dresser unless in "uniform" (black tux) I often wonder if that color would be something I could pull off.

In the abstract that's one of my absolute favorite hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic