Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The Silver/Gray are 2 @56/4-1/2.
Blacks are 57,59 and 2@60
Brown are 2 @ 59
1 Beige @57

All but the 2 60/6-1/2 have Fléchet labels, the others seem to be the same bodies but different labels. From Bodin.

Last edited:
Brown are 2 @ 59
1 Beige @57

All but the 2 60/6-1/2 have Fléchet labels, the others seem to be the same bodies but different labels. From Bodin.

Unbelievable find! Were they from a French source? Looking forward to more details.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Unbelievable find! Were they from a French source? Looking forward to more details.

They came direct from Marseilles. I am very excited and relieved. There were still more, but in tiny sizes and not cheap enough to speculate that I could find them homes.

Sample interior view:
P1030529.JPG
P1030530.JPG

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Brown are 2 @ 59
1 Beige @57

Well if the black 57 needs a new home you know who to contact.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello Everyone. I'm doing a little catching up from the holidays. Great hats everyone!! I just had to point out a couple of pre-1940 lids that really caught my eye.

Alan, I was really hoping that you won that hat. It looked so incredibly interesting and I was really hoping for detailed photos of the hat. As usual, you didn't dissapoint! The hat does have a tall crown and large brim, but you can most definately pull it off. It looks wonderful on you!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Robert, thats a fantastic find!! The oldest Dobbs hat that I own is a teen's Derby, but I do not own any soft hats from the 20'S from Dobbs. The liner is just spectacular. The brim looks fairly short. Does it measure about 2 1/8 inches with the curl? Not that I doubt you one bit, I'm just curious how you got the 1922 date? Is there a date stamp under the sweatband?

I don't know how you do it!!! I know that pre-40's velours are extremely hard to come by, let alone velours in good shape. But 9 NOS velours???!!!! WOW!!! Well I'm a size 7 (56) and would love a chance to own at least one from this incredible haul.

I can see why you are glacé eyed to wear this marron... beautiful! The depth of felt seems to transcend beyond velour to fur. What a spectacular stash to come across.

frussell

One Too Many
A few weeks ago I posted in the classifieds regarding small size hats for my firstborn, who is due in early February. Thanks to Loungers Johnnyphi, Benzadmiral and Ordinary Guy, I now have 5 excellent hats for when he gets old enough.
th_PC290422.jpg

left to right: mid brown mint Stratoliner 6 1/2, Buckskin Lee "Warren" 6 5/8, blue-grey mint Stratoliner 6 1/2.
second row: mint Cavanagh milan 6 3/4, Adam "Bard" 6 3/4.
th_PC290417.jpg

The Stratoliners were a risk, since I was relying on someone else's appraisal, but they came today, and they couldn't be better. Regular Royal Stetson boxes, so no super-cool Strat box, but at $25 per hat, who can argue? Thanks again, Benzadmiral. Here's a few interior shots, self-explanatory.
th_PC290428.jpg

th_PC290421.jpg

th_PC290429.jpg

th_PC290426.jpg

th_PC290431.jpg

Thanks again for the help, boys. Much appreciated. Happy New Year. Frank

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I posted in the classifieds regarding small size hats for my firstborn, who is due in early February. Thanks to Loungers Johnnyphi, Benzadmiral and Ordinary Guy, I now have 5 excellent hats for when he gets old enough.
th_PC290422.jpg

left to right: mid brown mint Stratoliner 6 1/2, Buckskin Lee "Warren" 6 5/8, blue-grey mint Stratoliner 6 1/2.
second row: mint Cavanagh milan 6 3/4, Adam "Bard" 6 3/4.
th_PC290417.jpg

The Stratoliners were a risk, since I was relying on someone else's appraisal, but they came today, and they couldn't be better. Regular Royal Stetson boxes, so no super-cool Strat box, but at $25 per hat, who can argue? Thanks again, Benzadmiral. Here's a few interior shots, self-explanatory.
th_PC290428.jpg

th_PC290421.jpg

th_PC290429.jpg

th_PC290426.jpg

th_PC290431.jpg

Thanks again for the help, boys. Much appreciated. Happy New Year. Frank

Those are going to be a big hit in the future. Take it from a father of two who go nowhere without theirs. :p
The other part is that it is somewhat disturbing that these small sizes exist. As my wife says: Imagine there was once and adult walking around with the head size and brains of our three year old. :plol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner