Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Two new ones for me.

001-19.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-13.jpg

Probably won't keep this one, cowboy hats aren't really my thing. Really nice hat though.
001-20.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-14.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Blackie

Rescued this one from a mall today. Nice oldie with a straight, tall crown. Great thin, light felt. Frayed mid ribbon. Paper thin sweat with no markings. No liner. So I nicknamed it Blackie.

blackie_2.jpg

blackie_3.jpg

blackie_5.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Lithium
P1030850.JPG

Sandalwood
P1030854.JPG

Likely just before WW2. More when better light available.

Robert, would you post some more closeups? I'm curious to see the bow and the brim edge treatment on the Lithium.
Oh, and if the Lithium is too small, I'm your man! :D :D :D

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
cav edges don't have stitches, ever. the whole thing is felted/pressed in shape form the get go.

I read somewhere around here that cav edges were held in place with stitches during the first felting, then the stitches were removed and the felting resumed, to result in a felted edge with no remnants of any stitching.
Prove me wrong, I'm keen to learn. :)

My earlier guess about a cav edge with the stitching being not removed was merely a wild idea, though, with no information to back it up.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Gotcha. I always thought of cav edges as felted edges rather than welted (welted being folded and sewn).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw