Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
+1!

Looks like Art reblocked and reflanged it, reducing the size of both the crown and the brim-width. Ribbon work is classic Art and he obviously rebound the edge of the brim.

Nice!

Correct on all counts.

Aureliano and jbucklin, thank you for your comments. I wanted to try a Ccmpdraft, but I didn't feel comfortable with it. Now, thanks to Art, i'll wear this.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
BR, did he replace the sweat as well? Also, is that a Deluxe Campdraft? The felt looks very nice.

No, Art reused the original sweatband, and yes it's the Deluxe. The felt is not soft, but the hat's never been through the weather yet. I have hopes for it getting softer with time.

Alan, most kind of you to say. I hope someday to get as comfortable in front of the camera as you appear to be.

Manfred, thank you for you comment. It is very much appreciated.

jbucklin

Practically Family
BR, I've had a brown Deluxe Fed for a couple of years and the felt has really softened up over time. I really came to that realization after opening my new Deluxe earlier today. It's pretty stiff! That is a dry crease I gave it however.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Fléchet 7X Foulard

P1040080.JPG
P1040088.JPG
P1040086.JPG
P1040079.JPG

P1040092.JPG

Having trouble smoothing it out as it was packed into a tiny box. Definitely not a lightweight felt. Had an entire page of newspaper folded up under the sweat for a radical downsizing, so its date is unlikely to be helpful.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Neglected Cavanagh

From an even smaller box(7 x 9), after 4-5 re-listings. Color is mid-way between gray and brown. No liner or ribbon, but excellent condition otherwise.
P1040094.JPG

Iyor

One of the Regulars
P1040080.JPG
P1040088.JPG
P1040086.JPG
P1040079.JPG

P1040092.JPG

Having trouble smoothing it out as it was packed into a tiny box. Definitely not a lightweight felt. Had an entire page of newspaper folded up under the sweat for a radical downsizing, so its date is unlikely to be helpful.

Great Flechet. It may be due to the packing, but the flange looks similar to the borsalino add you just posted, I believe the model was the brindisi

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Two boxes arrived this afternoon.
The first is my first Artlite, silverbelly. The hat arrived open crown, with an open height of 6"

This is my first attempt at creasing the hat. The felt certainly feels different.

The second hat is my sombrero de huaso. The first one that I had, approximately 45 years ago, was wool. I never understood why a shrank so much upon moving back to the states. This time I wanted one made of fur felt.

For additional photos of the Artlite, and the sombrero see Art Fawcett Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy