Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TipTop

Practically Family
RLK--Like the hat and the shape and the color; hope it survives the mildew. Only thing I wonder about is that embossed "SMART" at the front...if that imprints on your forehead, it's going to show backward:eusa_doh:; but it'll be reassuring as you look in the mirror!:)

Made in Czecho Slovakia between the WW's,

Its a moderately lightweight felt despite the velour finish, which is quite spectacular. More to come...

Great to see it arrived safely! The JHS Sigma Foulard is as good as it gets in my opinion. Look forward to more details.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I recently picked this one up. No size noted, and I took a risk and got lucky. Fits like a charm.
Borsalino Alessandria - I'm guessing early 1980's but I really am not sure. I forgot to get a picture of the inside tag.
f7bde8f3.jpg

b68ee039.jpg

12871629.jpg

88b4a707.jpg

a8c4e312.jpg

126282e5.jpg

2f4afc2b.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I recently picked this one up. No size noted, and I took a risk and got lucky. Fits like a charm.
Borsalino Alessandria - I'm guessing early 1980's but I really am not sure. I forgot to get a picture of the inside tag.

Mike, great looking Borsalino. The best to the Deal, it fits you.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Two nice hats, Robert.

I really like the colours of the Mallory and the grey Stetson is special as well. Shame the Mallory condition is not so good.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Here is my new Falcon Park custom. I stole the "Julep" design from the website but put my own spin on it. I added a yellow accent and my favorite part of the hat is the diamond crease. Bone body with spring blue ribbon. Brim is 2 3/8
7e3ab55d.jpg

3b5bd108.jpg

4fb58d44.jpg

b7889ed4.jpg

7c3540df.jpg

b35eca10.jpg

d2b0720c.jpg

9b28e2d9.jpg

9d13d9e7.jpg

KC Capellor

One of the Regulars
Latest addition to my Resistol stingy brims: mid 1960's Resistol 990 Kitten Finish 3X Beaver, charcoal/sable color, Cavanagh type edge, brim 1 7/8", crown 5" open, front 4" as creased. Came to me like this - very dusty, original center dent crease, mangled feather:

Quickly gave her a brisk brushing, dampened the crown and gave it a teardrop pinch, made a new feather out of two old ones and voila:

Took reshaping nicely, (I like the teardrop crown way better than the center dent) great looking and very comfortable, slightly heavier felt than my jade green 3X Beaver Kitten Finish Telstar (center background), same soft, luxurious fine-suede-like finish. Ladyfriend likes it so all is swell - gotta love those resistol kittens! Now looking for vintage 707 jet pin to complete bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner