Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Ah Jeff! what a shame a hat package so nice is too big. Maybe wear a beanie under it? Seems I've read S Dakota gets pretty dang cold.

Congrats on the Buckaroo scooter, looks like a nice plush felt too.

scooter

Practically Family
Thanks much guys, but the credit goes to the Major. I wanted to do a couple things differently, but Mike steered me in the right direction and made this wonderful hat. Thank you, Mike.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jeff - that is a cool hat; shame about the size.

Scooter - great to see a new Buckaroo fedora here, very nice looking hat.

Here's a new one for me. I've never had a western style hat that I would actually wear. I have a Resistol that doesn't fit too well and is too westerny for me, with it's big turned up brim. I didn't want to give up though and I found this Stetson 25 at the fishing place at a great price.

By the look of it, it was never worn and the felt is really nice and soft (I was expecting that tough stiff ol' western felt), it is like a good Open Road with a bigger brim. I've reshaped the brim a little, but I plan to keep the cattleman's crease. I'll be wearing it for sure.

smugshot1652563-L.jpg

it was not even close to the 22.5" approximated on the auction. :Cry:

I knew it was a risk, but gave the seller the benefit of the doubt. Turns out it's tagged a 7 3/8 inside the sweatband, but I still think it probably fits closer to a 7 1/2, as it rests... um... comfortably just below the bridge of my nose.

005eou.jpg

:)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miller hat off of ebay. OR style. Tan colored and very soft felt. The felt is softer and thinner than an imperial Akubra campdraft and much softer than a Resistol San Antonio that I also have.
The condition on this is basically brand new. The only problem it has is a small mark in the middle of the crease on the right hand side. Anyone have any ideas on what model this would be? There's part of a label stuck to the inside of the sweatband on one side but it's been ripped out and there's not enough left to see anything.

IMG_4948.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4951.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

IMG_4955.JPG

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Nice flea market finds at Sunday!

Alpenvelour Size 60
alpenvelour4.jpg

Hückel Longhair ( Velour ? ) Size 59
hueckellang3.jpg

Hückel Size 56 Nice color, blue gray!
hueckelsteel3.jpg

Mayser Favorit Size 58
mayserfav3.jpg

Mayser Outdoor Size 60
mayseroutdoor4.jpg

Peer Fedora Size 57
peer3.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff thank you. Indeed, this Mayser Favorit has a interesting shape, looks like a small Homburg with back bow!

Perry, thank you too. It looks you have also luck too. Looks sharp the fuzzy!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice Miller TAR casechopper, looks to be fairly recent vintage.

Interesting Champ hatophile, very straight crown. Look forward to it's transformation.

Manfred! You did hit the jackpot, what a pot potpourri of lids, a little bit of everything. Guess you couldn't pass up a bargain? I'm gonna PM you :)

Last edited:

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I finally found a thrift store fedora I could wear! A 7 1/4 Joicy Baltimore custom. A hat of this type has appeared on the Lounge before:
Fresh from auction this summer
In lounger Neophyte's collection
Inside

Here's mine, adopted for a mere $2.50 from a Montoursville, PA Salvation Army store.

NewHat_10-22-12_img1.JPG

A nice, mid-gray-with-a-hint-of-tan bound-edge thin-ribbon.

NewHat_10-22-12_img2.JPG

Hallelujah, the crown isn't too tapered... a seriously common problem if you're limited to low-cost fedoras.

NewHat_10-22-12_img3.JPG

This hat's in great shape aside from a yellowed plastic liner cover and near-invisible creases and dirt marks.

It's been a revelation to have a fine-felt, easy-to-shape hat, as none of mine have this very thin, moldable felt that most of you are so familiar with. Now I see what I was missing!

-Steven

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace