Post New Hats Here!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Rundquist, May 4, 2004.

1. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Alan, Beautiful set of Strats!

Robert, Great Borsolino! Really like the felt band!

2. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I’ll Lock Up.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I had to be ready to meet up with "Tonto" wearing this hat for some time today, this was the Hat I purchased from Alive and Amplified recently. It is one hell of a nice hat, wide, tall, darn near blemish and stain free, no moth dinners on it, clean sweat and liner, a stage coach with some rather hog high crown and wide brim dimensions, and was one of the best deals out there. I cannot even come close to show with my camera, just how darn nice this hat is. Thanks to him for having it on the classifieds here, I am happy I had no competition for owning it. I may leave it as it is, may even put a cattlemen crease, may do a bit more "fedora" to it, but for sure the Hat is a real "John Wayne" as it is, and I am really thankful for it.....as I have been saying here lately,....weeeeeeeeee haaaaaaw! lol!

3. bowlerman

bowlerman I'll Lock Up

Awesome. LMH2! What great band and binding on that one, too!

Alan, your new pairastratolinersaurus totally rocks.

The Borsalino is cool, too, rlk. I've been trying to imagine it with a different band, but cannot. Perfect as is.

4. LoveMyHats2

Geez, everything you post makes me want to own it...just that nice!

5. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

+1

well said, Jeff!

6. Alive'n'Amplified

Alive'n'Amplified Call Me a Cab

Great look, LMH2!!! Glad to see it posted. :) Did you curl up the sides even more than what they were?

7. TomS

TomS One Too Many

Nice, LMH2!!

8. Alive'n'Amplified

Indeed, it is a very taaaall hat. Open crown is nearly 7"!! I think it might be 6 1/2".

9. Alive'n'Amplified

Awesome, David!! I was TOTALLY going to get the same hat!! Spoke with Tony a couple of months ago. Saving up for it has been slow going, though. :(

10. Alive'n'Amplified

I do like a wider ribbon, but the OR style has been growing on me.

11. LoveMyHats2

No, I have left the hat shape as it was right from the box so far. I did spend a while taking a hat sponge to a few places and then brushed it for maybe 30 minutes but that was about it. I still need to peek and see if there is any winning lotto tickets behind the leather sweatband, or if along the road someone has the number to Dolores Bigelow's Bordello stuffed there....:D

12. LoveMyHats2

13. LoveMyHats2

Add me to that list!

14. LoveMyHats2

The blue fedora is melting the eyes with beauty. I see one or two blue hats here or there for sale, never my size and I am not fond so much of the newer hats out there with a blue felt the color is dull but......but this is just drop dead beautiful. I have thought also a blue hat can do what a black one can as far as attire to wear with it, both casual and suit and tie material! And Black at times just does not have the "zing" to it that a deep rich blue can.

15. Rodkins

Rodkins Call Me a Cab

Here is my latest catch from the bay-
    Stetson 7XCB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here it is next to my other 7X clear beaver
    [​IMG]
    The other 7XCB (the more gray colored one) has the color silverbelly on the tag and box. I wonder if it's dyed even though they call it 7XCB.

16. Chepstow

Chepstow I'll Lock Up

Mike, wonderful hat! congrats to the new one!

17. alanfgag

alanfgag

The Stratoliner was launched by Stetson in 1940 and has traveled extensively in their line since. All the examples that I have seen of the early 1940s Stratoliner are unlined. These were inexpensive lightweight hats - a niche in the market that was also occupied by the Stetson Playboy and competing models from most of the major makers of that time. I don't know if a lined version was available originally, or when it was added to the line.

I highly doubt you will find a crown label underneath the liner of your Strat. Have you posted pictures of it?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  18. Nice catch Mike!

19. JonnyO

JonnyO A-List Customer

Stetson 3X Selv-Edge. This hat is a beautiful hat even despite the damage to the sweatband. It's a 7 and I wear a 7 1/8 so it is a little tight but still wearable.

Does anyone know if Selv-Edge is the model name or just noting the type of edge treatment?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi David

Make sure and post to the Tony B thread too. Great hat in a great color. Tony does wonders with his felt work.

Mike