Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, Scion. I had a moonstone Stylemaster that I liked a lot, but I bought it too big so I sold it. They are a nice looking fedora.

troy

One of the Regulars
Welcome Fedora Dave

I'm still new here myself Fedora Dave, but welcome. I think you'll find the Fedora Lounge a place of vast knowledge, exquisite taste, and a level of civility not often found in the twenty-first century.

Enjoy.

Bingles

A-List Customer
ScionPI2005 said:
Here is my new Akubra Stylemaster in Steel Gray. It looks darker than it is in the dark room, but I like it.

akubra_style_7.jpg

akubra_style_9.jpg

Very nice my friend!!! :eusa_clap

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words Bob, IC, Troy, and Bingles! I'd definitely recommend this hat for others, and I know many folks around here who have Stylemasters speak highly of them as well.

pplepic

Familiar Face
Here are, I hope, a couple of pics of my Stetson Centerdent Panama from Delmonico Hatters. Advertised as made in Ecuador and finished in US. Very nice hat for $112.50 postpaid, and it fits well. Actually, since the pics, I dampened the brim a bit and shaped it in a much smoother fedora shape. Looks nice.
As some may have noticed, I've been griping about Panama Hats Direct on a couple of other threads. After all my complaints to the company, I got an email this morning implying that I must be enjoying my way oversize hat now and getting lots of compliments and they requested a testimonial. I don't think they read emails at all. Maybe nobody's home down there, it's all done by robot computers. If I wore it down over my ears I might not compliments, but I'd probably get comments. :rage:

Garrett

Thanks Gene

HarpPlayerGene said:
Wow, Garrett, that's nice. I have a dark brown one and it's among my top favorite fedoras. You did great on the price, no doubt due to the small size. Hope it fits!

Can you post a picture of your dark brown whippet, I'm curious to see how you bashed it?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Can you post a picture of your dark brown whippet, I'm curious to see how you bashed it?

Sure thing, pal.

It came open crowned and as new. :D

I simply put a a C-crown bash into it - not too perfect. I did push the sides out a touch, sort of diamondish but a very loose interpretation. I guess for those who like more precise creases than I usually do, a diamond would really work well on the proportions of a Whippet.

Sorry, I don't have top shots but would take some if you really need.

0f9b_1.jpg

NewOldWhippet.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Garrett

Sorry Bolt

bolthead said:
I was watching it as well, was curious to see what it end at. You got a nice Lid at a nice price. :eusa_clap

If I'd known you were in on it, I would've let up....got a bit carried away at the end :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic