Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
Hello my friends,
its been awhile but isnt it amazing how the hat bug suddenly catches and its hard to stop? it happened to me
here are the two i won this week.

the first is a knox grey premier
the felt is nice ive never handled anything quite like it, its soft and smooth. THe hat said it was a size 7 when i am a size 7-7/1-8 but the hat did not fit at all! more like a 6 7/8 so i got to looking at the sweat band and it turns out someone had put some pieces of foam in there making it much smaller than it actually was.
29a6_1.JPG

the second is a chocolate colored borsalino derby. although i havent received this one yet it says
"Qualita Suprema Borsalino Allesandria Italia" on the inside liner. I cannot post pictures from the auction but here is the finished link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110313781368#ebayphotohosting

does anyone know anything about dating borsalinos? im curious as to a partial guess as to its lineage :)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gene, that brown Whippet is superb! As usual, your photography is as well.

Skwerl-hat, both are very nice. The Borsalino is particularly classy.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, on behalf of my brown Whippet, for the favorable remarks. Those hats really are what they're cracked up to be.

Also, thanks to Mr. Paladin for the compliment about photography. I was told by a pro once, that it's 90% subject matter - so I couldn't go too wrong considering that. :)

Carter, those are great photos, man. Didn't recognize you with the whiskers!

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
skwerl-hat said:
Hello my friends,
its been awhile but isnt it amazing how the hat bug suddenly catches and its hard to stop? it happened to me
here are the two i won this week.

the first is a knox grey premier
the felt is nice ive never handled anything quite like it, its soft and smooth. THe hat said it was a size 7 when i am a size 7-7/1-8 but the hat did not fit at all! more like a 6 7/8 so i got to looking at the sweat band and it turns out someone had put some pieces of foam in there making it much smaller than it actually was.
29a6_1.JPG

the second is a chocolate colored borsalino derby. although i havent received this one yet it says
"Qualita Suprema Borsalino Allesandria Italia" on the inside liner. I cannot post pictures from the auction but here is the finished link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110313781368#ebayphotohosting

does anyone know anything about dating borsalinos? im curious as to a partial guess as to its lineage :)
Very nice.....if I'm not mistaken.I think that Borso is a Rollup perhaps, looking at the cloth sweatband. [huh] I don't think it's a Derby by no means.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

I acquired this Royal Stetson Whippet on the 'Bay, and it has just arrived.

Because of its more moderate dimensions (brim just a little bit over 2''), I suppose it is from the 50's.

Seller described it as a "natural" colour. I'm not entirely sure this is correct, looks like a sand to me, and I think "natural" should have more of a greyish tinge, but could be wrong. This is a moot point anyway, because I do like the colour!

PICT0792.jpg

PICT0794.jpg

PICT0793.jpg

PICT0796.jpg

PICT0795.jpg

(Note: front and side shots are less faithful to the real colour)

Regards!

Feraud

Bartender
Torpedo said:
Because of its more moderate dimensions (brim just a little bit over 2''), I suppose it is from the 50's.
Just an fyi, but the 30s had their share of shorter brims. Your doesn't look that old but I wanted to clarify the point on brim length and decade.
Perhaps I have muddied the waters even more.. ;)

glazierman

New in Town
part of my ever growing collection

I am new here and just got my photobucket acount set up. Here are a couple of pics of my hats that I wear on a regular daily basis, I am in construction so I get a lot of funny looks and coments when I come on to a jobsite wearing a vintage fedora. I just tell them that they secretly wish they could wear a hat like mine. I have a few more that are not picured as well as individual pics th I'll try to post later. Thanks

hats002.jpg

hats003.jpg

hats001.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Glazierman - Guys bustin' each others chops on a construction site!? Must be somethin' new or just specific to your area out there. lol lol lol

Which one of those lids is your grandfather's (?), the one that's a beater that still gets looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes