Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TPD166

One Too Many
Bandera 3X OR Clone

My "new" (to me) vintage Bandera 3X Open Road clone. I have owned two other westerns from Bandera Hats of Fort Worth, TX, and they were of outstanding quality, on-par with any of my vintage Stetson or Resistol westerns. This one is just as nice and appears to be older than my others (I no longer have them) which were from the 1960s - I am guessing this one may be from the 1950s or very early '60s - they are no longer in business, so if any one has the scoop on Bandera Hats, please let me know.
Bandera_5x_1web.jpg

Bandera_5x_2web.jpg

Last edited:

winter_joe

A-List Customer
I won this Stetsonian a few days ago on the bay. Pretty clean with a few light moth activity and some fading on the top of crown, but I guess I can live with that. Looks and feels like it was very lightly used. It came in a Dobbs hat box.

Size: 7 3/8
Crown: 5 3/4
Brim: 2 5/8

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278-1.jpg

IMG_1279-1.jpg

IMG_1280-1.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg
I have that same hat except it's a Dobbs different ribbon treatment but binding and dimensions are the same! Oh different color too.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Robert, Mike and Randall, thanks Gentlemen, your kind words are much appreciated.

Mike, here some additional picture! Stratoliner was stamped at the paper label under the sweatband!

stetsonstratoliner4.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Hell on Wheels - Cullen Bohannon Hat

Untitled-2.jpg
AMC is in it's second season of "Hell on Wheels" a western centered on the building of the transcontinental Railroad.
It wants to be "Deadwood" so bad you can taste it.
Some OUTSTANDING locations tho' as it is filmed South of Calgary AB. on the T'suu T'ina or "Sarcee" Nations' land. That prairie sun just hangs there... anyway -my work in progress on a hat similar to the (anti)-heros.

bohanon3.jpg
bohanon1.jpg
bohanon4.jpg

I feel unlikely to be mistaken for a Rabbi in THIS black hat! :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot