Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Great stuff, guys! :eusa_clap

-------------

$1 got this panama from a thrift store the other day. Course, yes, but real supple, easy to roll. Will make a good traveler. :)

Looks like a dollar still has some value in the right circles. Good score!

Mr. HarpPlayer, would you mind posting a pic of how you would fold that hat for packing?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Here's me in my new tawny fawn Fed IV:

0515000840.jpg

Blooze

Familiar Face
I swear I can't get a break this week :(

After handling the Dobb's a bit more than just trying it on at the store and giving it a look over, it's decided to leave all my fingertips a nice chocolate brown :eusa_doh: Now I probably know why it was at the outlet store. I figure the dye probably wasn't set well?

carldelo

One Too Many
Blooze said:
After handling the Dobb's a bit more than just trying it on at the store and giving it a look over, it's decided to leave all my fingertips a nice chocolate brown :eusa_doh: Now I probably know why it was at the outlet store. I figure the dye probably wasn't set well?

Yikes, that stinks, sorry to hear it about the Dobbs. On the other hand, the graphite Stetson is really nice. I've never heard of the 'Gary' - does it really say that? Maybe it was a model that didn't make it into production - does it say what type of felt it is?

Blooze

Familiar Face
carldelo said:
Yikes, that stinks, sorry to hear it about the Dobbs. On the other hand, the graphite Stetson is really nice. I've never heard of the 'Gary' - does it really say that? Maybe it was a model that didn't make it into production - does it say what type of felt it is?

Yep, it says Gary on the sticker inside the crown. I think they are made for Miller Hats as that's the only place I can find them. The band has Imperial Plus labeled on it.

Any suggestions on the Dobb's? I really like that hat as it's got a 2" brim. Not having any real experience, is this color coming off most likely some of the dye powder?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blooze said:
Powder. A lot of new hats use powder as part of the
coloring process. Doesn't hold up well in rain, either.

Blooze said:
Yep, it says Gary on the sticker inside the crown. I think they are made for Miller Hats as that's the only place I can find them. The band has Imperial Plus labeled on it.

Any suggestions on the Dobb's? I really like that hat as it's got a 2" brim. Not having any real experience, is this color coming off most likely some of the dye powder?

You see this with HatCo product especially the dark colors. Some of my 60+ year old Adam hats still have dye powder. I wouldn't get too worked about it.

Blooze

Familiar Face
mayserwegener said:
You see this with HatCo product especially the dark colors. Some of my 60+ year old Adam hats still have dye powder. I wouldn't get too worked about it.

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll just try to keep that one out of any wet weather.

billyspew said:
Had a few come through recently.

First up an Adam Opera Hat:

Next up and Adam "Airlite" fedora in sterling:

And finally an Adam "The Envoy" homburg in black:Details will be posted in Adam Alley

Cheers,

Bill

Great Adam additions! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
Had a few come through recently.

First up an Adam Opera Hat:

Next up and Adam "Airlite" fedora in sterling:

And finally an Adam "The Envoy" homburg in black:

Details will be posted in Adam Alley

Cheers,

Bill

Bill...may I call ya Adam? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Late 1930's Stevens

I just got this hat today from ebay. When I first received it, it was very dirty and had a pretty bad crown bash. Tonight I did a crown rebash, steaming, and brushing. Based on the very tight "I" stitching and the reeded edge on the sweatband, I would say this hat is from the late 30's. It has a 2 3/4 inch brim and has extremely soft Navy blue fur felt. The camera flash makes it look very light, but its actually a very very deep navy blue. The felt is perfect and cleaned up very nice. It has one of the coolest ribbons ive ever seen. The bow is quite interesting too, Ive never seen another quite like this. The liner is dirty and stained, but the sweatband is in pretty good shape.

Here's some pictures before the crown rebash and cleaning:
DSC03272.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

Here's the crown bashed out, stiff brushed, and soft brushed:
DSC03280.jpg

And heres the hat with the new crown and brim swoop:
DSC03281.jpg

DSC03282.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

DSC03298.jpg