Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Black Mallory Ten. More in the Mallory Mile thread.

B

ten_black_3.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I just got my vintage black Disney homburg today and I have to say that this hat is by far my best homburg. The pictures do the hat no justice. The color is an extreamly deep deep black, the felt is sooooo soft and the quality of all of the materials is really top notch. I would say that the hat is maybe from the late 40's, or early 50's. It was possibly worn twice. The only thing that makes this hat near mint and not a perfect mint is the fact that the reed on the sweatband has a little wear, but thats it. The plastic sweatband guard is still perfect, the liner is a perfect pearl white, the sweatband is soft and pliable, and the felt is perfect. No moth bites, no odors, no stains. Whats really unique about the hat is that the sweatband has a very cool pattern stamped into it. Almost like an aztec patern. The ribbon measures 2 1/4 inches wide, and the open crown is aproximately 5 3/4 inches tall. (See pics)

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

SEE MORE PICS IN "THE DISNEY DINER"

freehandbash

New in Town
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad135/rrgrassman/tanda_daddyshats189.jpg?t=1279519211
Nice Disney! I have a cavanagh with pretty much the same diminsions and color. I have no Disneys so I'm jealous. I have bid on plenty but always lose. They must be nice!:eusa_doh:
Here, I have an Akubra that I changed the crown from a flat porkpie into this center crease/pinch. It's a thick imperial quality fur felt but the hand on this one was so rough I decided to resand the body and it turned out much smoother and nicer IMHO:p .
notice the dead tree in the corner? It died early this winter but mocking birds keep making nest in it one right after the other!! I hate to destroy such an obviously needed habittat or habit, if you will!! lol

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
freehandbash said:
http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad135/rrgrassman/tanda_daddyshats189.jpg?t=1279519211
Nice Disney! I have a cavanagh with pretty much the same diminsions and color. I have no Disneys so I'm jealous. I have bid on plenty but always lose. They must be nice!:eusa_doh:
Here, I have an Akubra that I changed the crown from a flat porkpie into this center crease/pinch. It's a thick imperial quality fur felt but the hand on this one was so rough I decided to resand the body and it turned out much smoother and nicer IMHO:p .
notice the dead tree in the corner? It died early this winter but mocking birds keep making nest in it one right after the other!! I hate to destroy such an obviously needed habittat or habit, if you will!! lol

Thanks freehandbash! Im sure the cavanagh is just as high quality as the disney. Ive just never held a hat whose manufacture paid so much attention to detail and made such a fine homburg. This is my first Disney. I have a grey Dobbs homburg from the mid 50's and even though its a great hat, there is just no comparison between the two. I love that Akubra. Excellent job on the crease. If you didnt tell me that it was a prokpie crease, I would have never known. Sometimes those factory pre-creased crowns are difficult to reshape by hand without proper steam blocks and such. Especially porkpies. But again, very nice job. And keep on bidding on those Disneys, Im sure you will get one soon. I think the dead tree makes a beter bird house than popsicle sticks anyways. lol.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Tell me what you think, I might not be a fan

Just got this in the mail today, its a Brooks Brothers 100% fur felt made in Italy. Its sized a 7 1/4 but I think it may be a little small for me, and I think the brim is a little trim(2"). Tell me what you think or maybe I should let it go to a new home.
f843dcdc.jpg
96057f0b.jpg

b7e06c34.jpg
94460b72.jpg

Here is a really nice Knox Premier I received today. It looks like new old stock, never been worn. I think I will keep the center dent, it makes it look suave. It's a beautiful almost caramel color. I hope the pics come out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner