Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

interjake

New in Town
I bought a vintage Moe Penn hat - pearl gray - on eBay. Great hat. Like new. I never heard of Moe Penn before. Not much info on the internet. I'll try and post a picture.

Is anyone familiar with Moe Penn?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
theinterchange said:
I look forward to seeing pics!

Randy

While I can't post good pics until sunlight comes in, I can tell you that this is truly a beautiful green. It's a softer green, a tad lighter than the willow green of the Akubra Squatter. It's perfect :D!

theinterchange

One Too Many
Rodkins said:
e066391f.jpg

Looking forward to more and post tweaking photos.

Nice terrazzo by the way!

Randy

buler

I'll Lock Up
Knox Twenty

This Knox Twenty in brown is a lighter than normal felt for a Twenty. More in the School of Hard Knox.

B

twenty_brown_1.jpg

BigEasy

New in Town
Entering the excitement with my new Stylemaster!

As the new guy here, I have to say many of you have fantastic hat collections. I'm curious as to where I can start accumulating more great hats like yours. Purchased this Stylemaster from Everything Australian. Very nice quality it seems. Anyone own the Sydney or Squatter? How do you like them? Pros? Cons? Anyway, glad to be here and welcome any advice on where to start picking up more fedoras and which ones you recommend. Thanks.

BigEasy

It's a beauty!

100_1777-1.jpg
[/IMG]

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
If it's vintage you are after, ebay is hands down the best single source. But of course, it takes some trial and error and risk taking. What size are you?

BigEasy

New in Town
BigEasy said:
As the new guy here, I have to say many of you have fantastic hat collections. I'm curious as to where I can start accumulating more great hats like yours. Purchased this Stylemaster from Everything Australian. Very nice quality it seems. Anyone own the Sydney or Squatter? How do you like them? Pros? Cons? Anyway, glad to be here and welcome any advice on where to start picking up more fedoras and which ones you recommend. Thanks.

BigEasy

It's a beauty!

100_1777-1.jpg
[/IMG]

“He wears his faith but as the fashion of his hat.”
-Shakespeare

BigEasy

New in Town
I'm normally a 7 1/2 but in the Stylemaster the 61cm (7 5/8) fits nice with a bit of room for shrinkage. I've looked on ebay, but you're right, a lot of gambling there. Hard to pick a hat you can't try on. Vintage would be nice, but something highly recommended would work too. Thanks.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
BigEasy said:
I'm normally a 7 1/2 but in the Stylemaster the 61cm (7 5/8) fits nice with a bit of room for shrinkage. I've looked on ebay, but you're right, a lot of gambling there. Hard to pick a hat you can't try on. Vintage would be nice, but something highly recommended would work too. Thanks.

Oh yes! you're what some around here affectionately call a melon head. That limits your selection on ebay dramatically. But you will soon get plenty of recommendations from those into new hats. Sometimes Loungers will offer good hats in your size in the FL Classifieds too. Again, welcome aboard! ;)

BigEasy

New in Town
Melon Head. As a professor I'll take that as a compliment!
Thanks for the information. Happy to be part of the lounge.

DarkAudit

New in Town
zetwal said:
Oh yes! you're what some around here affectionately call a melon head. That limits your selection on ebay dramatically. But you will soon get plenty of recommendations from those into new hats. Sometimes Loungers will offer good hats in your size in the FL Classifieds too. Again, welcome aboard! ;)

That describes me too. I'm right in between a 7 3/8 and 7 1/2. I can take a 7 1/4, but that'll take some judicious steaming and hat-jacking. I haven't pounced on any 7 3/8s just yet, but if a nice black one comes along on the cheap, I may :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21