Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
5719855118_e619a57aa7_z.jpg

I had a feeling that you were the one who picked that one up. It looks great on you, Robert!!! Those flat-topped square blocks are the best. I wish major hat companies still used those 20's & 30's straight-sided flat-topped blocks. Great find!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DudeInBlack

Familiar Face
My Western Era Hat.

Type: Boss of the Plains or Pale Preacher hat. Similiar shape hat to that worn by Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider.

Style Crown: Texas Straight.

100% Fur Felt.

Colour: Dark Green for Éire/Ireland. ;)

Picture002-2.jpg

I come back after 2 weeks of Finals and this is the first hat I see. What a sight for sore eyes! That topper is a hoot and a half!
Hunt down a 4-leaf clover and stick in the ribbon ;). You'll be the luckiest man alive.

fmw

One Too Many
It looks nice. It became wife approved. It is even rain proof. A very good combination of characteristics.

andover.jpg

andoverinterior.jpg

fmw

One Too Many
Hatophile, no question about it. If the wife doesn't like the hat, then owning it becomes one struggle after another. ;) I have to send one to Optimo tomorrow because my wife doesn't like the crease. Gotta be wife approved!

Monbla, I agree completely. This hat has a nicer braid than my Avenue. While it's synthetic rather than straw, it looks great and feels great. Polyester isn't bothered at all by rain. I wore it all day today and I'm about to leave for a club meeting and I'll wear it again this evening. The membership here doesn't seem to be too keen on the synthetic milan braids. But I am. I think they make very practical head gear and you wouldn't know these newer ones weren't the real thing without working at it.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes the Andover is a nice hat I picked mine up a month ago for cheap at a consignment shop my wife likes to shop at.
If she buys a lot of stuff and I find a hat there I like I get a new hat for shopping with her.
That's our bargain.:)

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Hatophile, no question about it. If the wife doesn't like the hat, then owning it becomes one struggle after another. ;) I have to send one to Optimo tomorrow because my wife doesn't like the crease. Gotta be wife approved!

Monbla, I agree completely. This hat has a nicer braid than my Avenue. While it's synthetic rather than straw, it looks great and feels great. Polyester isn't bothered at all by rain. I wore it all day today and I'm about to leave for a club meeting and I'll wear it again this evening. The membership here doesn't seem to be too keen on the synthetic milan braids. But I am. I think they make very practical head gear and you wouldn't know these newer ones weren't the real thing without working at it.
Don't let what's approved here bother you. I don't. A NICE hat is a NICE hat!

fmw

One Too Many
Don't let what's approved here bother you. I don't. A NICE hat is a NICE hat!

I'm old enough that I don't care what people think of me or of what I think. I hold some minority opinions here but they don't appear to be changing. ;) I was just putting in a plug for "Florentine" Milan. Sounds something like Newyorker Boston, doesn't it?

RobStC

A-List Customer
'Meteor' - Hermann von Heesen (Bochum)

Picked this one up yeserday from a bunch of hats that appeared in a local vintage clothing shop. Hermann von Heesen (Bochum) seems to be a clothier/outfitters in Germany.

No paper labels under sweat, apart from a simple '58' size tag. Stamped 'Meteor' on the sweat, but that's the only marking I can find. Sweat is gray leather - a bit wrinkled! Whole hat was rather squashed but has responded well to a good steam and shaping. Good but quite stiff felt - nice soft mid-gray colour, with a hint of green. Silver ribbon with neat bow detail, and matching edge binding. 2 3/8" brim, and approx. 5 1/2" open crown. A bit of taper, but not excessive.

A nice everyday hat, and definitely a good £20~ worth.
More details in the German and Austrian Hats thread.

RobStC

P1000845.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24