Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
J. Hückels Söhne Wien Pre-WWI Velour

P1030278.JPG
P1030283.JPG

P1030287.JPG

Miraculous condition. Bow in the 3/4 position between side and back. More in the JHS Thread.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Full of Homburgers

Double Munster Homburgers Italian Style. 2 in one bun, er box. Borsalino Gran Lusso Export Qualität.
P1030294.JPG

P1030296.JPG
P1030297.JPG

P1030295.JPG
P1030298.JPG

Myrtle w/ Navy Blue ribbon.

I forgot I won these some time ago.

VetPsychWars

A-List Customer
Borsalino!

Ladies!

This fine hat I received today fits in too many categories, but it's sure to be seen here.

A while back, a vintage-but-new Borsalino was listed on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180758731226

The hope was that it was a light cream as implied by the pictures. Alas no... but I'm not going to complain. :)

When it arrived I messed around with creasing it a little, but honestly? Too many people had done that and the crown was too soft. You could see marks where it was played with. Look at the auction, after all!

So, first I steamed it straight and brushed it lightly with the soft brush:

dove1.jpg

Here it is from the side:

dove2.jpg

The sweat band, she looks new. The felt looks dark so you can see the detail in the liner:

dove3.jpg

This is the only thing stamped on the sweat band:

dove4.jpg

Ta da, this is after I creased it. You can't tell, necessarily, but it's a diamond:

dove5.jpg

The color is what I'm calling a dove grey (mourning doves hang out around here) with just a hint of lavender to it. It's a VERY nice color that perhaps I am not wearing with brown, but I wear not-brown most of the time anyways!

Since you guys seem to like these kinds of pics, it's the best I could do right now, but... our hero, self portrait in mirror:

dove6.jpg

Not bad, eh?

Tom

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
size 5 rutenio fedora grey felt vintage

This auction title was picked up by the radar of a Fedora Lounge super-sleuth and sent in my direction. One photo provided:

rutenio4.jpg

Worrisome title... clearly a Borso of some sort, but without obvious markings forcing the seller to hunt under the sweatband for a clue. Perhaps no liner, no sweat, or a sweat with a lot of popped threads from being turned out in the hunt for markings. It sold for $22.

Turned out to be a Balbi Featherweight, missing a liner but with a sweat in reasonably good shape. The foil imprints were totally gone... you can just make out the logo and mark for Balbi's store in inkless embossment. The featherweight marking is deeper and easily seen in the right light. Where did the foil go? I reattached a section of the sweat to the reed and retaped the rear seam. Took quite a bit of steam and brushing to uncrumple the felt. At the end, a serviceable 2.5 ounce hat.

rutenio2.jpg

rutenio1.jpg

rutenio3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran