Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TipTop

Practically Family
That is a beautiful CO Game and Fish Dept hat, and a particularly warm, handsome color. It also happens to be my size, so, if you ever pack up your badge and move on, let me know!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
New Ebay Catch! Old Emerson Peerless Dryette Hat!

emerson5.jpg

emerson7.jpg

more photos here

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I picked this one up out of the bay with a very vague ad and a low BIN. I was stoked yesterday when I received it.
560420cc.jpg

244e291e.jpg

df341838.jpg

The Hat Zen project had to go on break for a few ;)

SWEET!! I love when I take a shot in the dark and purchase a hat because its cheap only to find out its an ABSOLUTE GEM! What a catch. The condition looks spectacular, its got the embroidered liner, and its from the Colorado Game and Fish Department. now that's just awesome. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Manfred, Great find with the Emerson! It looks super!

Mike, Beautiful Stetson! The embroidered liner logo is fantastic!

Cicero, Really like the bow work. What is the make?

Mr. Slick, Your Stetson Penn looks great!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I picked this one up out of the bay with a very vague ad and a low BIN. I was stoked yesterday when I received it.
560420cc.jpg

The Hat Zen project had to go on break for a few ;)

Rodkins, that is such a cool old Stetson! You've done well.

I like old law enforcment hats, too. Here's a couple I've managed to snag over the years.

First up, my old U S Fish and Wildlife Service Stetson.

JackiesTesters134-1.jpg

JackiesTesters144-1.jpg

JackiesTesters139-2.jpg

And, second, my Texas Department of Corrections "Walking Boss" Resistol.

Picture022.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026-4.jpg

The Stetson is in mint condition. I don't think it has every been worn. On the other hand, the Resistol came to me a bit sweat stained and moth bitten...you can tell it was well loved by its former owner. And I can't help but wonder at the stories it could tell. "What we have heah...is a fail-uah ta communicate!"

AF

Hückel Durit Velour, size 6 1/2 Point. This is the beat up one with the rivets and no ribbon. I sent it off to Optimo and it came back looking great. The Velour finish is really something. I am pretty sure it's pre 1940.

6813213144_5829e08b35_b.jpg

6813221940_464b2ed191_b.jpg

6959343375_2f76c93075_b.jpg

6813186784_e8fc96369e_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97