Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Adam Pacesetter Bluemetal

P1050433.JPG
P1050432.JPG
P1050434.JPG
P1050435.JPG

Medium weight, its a 7-1/8. Open Crown is best color.

Dronak

Familiar Face
My wife's on a business trip right now, and found a hat store there. She went to look for a new hat for me, and after talking with me, the clerk, and sending some photos, we picked this one:

stetsonfelt.jpg

IIRC what my wife and the clerk said correctly, it's a fur felt Stetson fedora, charcoal gray, 2.5" brim, and I think there will be a feather for the band. If my wife doesn't like how the feather looks when I wear the hat though, I won't leave it in the band. This is the kind of hat I've been wanting to get for a while, so it should be a welcome addition and may become my go-to hat. How soon I get it depends on whether my wife is having it shipped now or bringing it back with her when her trip is over. Either way, I'll have it in the near future and I'm looking forward to it. :)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice color and gills on that Adam, rlk!

Dronak, congrats on having a wife who would do that for you! Looks like a nice one.

Received this one today. It's a Resistol, only 3X, and a little stiff, but I'll break it in. 1/8 long oval. I adored the crease as it came, but discovered very quickly that wasn't going to work on my head, so I've done a few minor modifications. Enjoy!

004xmwf.jpg

007pbp.jpg

016bip.jpg

018zat.jpg

004ook.jpg

:)

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Darn sharp new hats, Robert, Alan, Dronak, Robert and Jeff!. My Congrats to those nice finds!

Jeff, that Western hat looks great, also the new shape of the brim. A fine hat, enjoy!

F. Witzleben Leipzig Melone

The felt finish and color are special but difficult to photograph. Size 57cm and weighs 140 grams. My guess would be 1920s. More details in the German & Austrian and Bowler / Derby threads.

8435294575_72abb0fc49_b.jpg

8436385716_16fe88625c_b.jpg

8436402882_cdddc77344_b.jpg

8436352586_b5d211c6af_b.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nuts!

Follow-up: Arrived today but that ol' high desert must've had it's way with this one as it is no longer near 7 3/8. The interior circumference now measures (near as I can get) about 22 1/4" putting at more of a 7 1/8!
I have experienced shrinkage before- but seriously! The odd thing is that the sweat is still as supple as a fine glove, usually such shrinkage seems to always be complemented by a toasty-fried sweat! Curious.

Anyway- with so many waiting for a good stretch now, this is headed for eBay or the classifieds soon.
Win some, lose some. [huh]

I love these things, tough durable workingman's hats made to take a likin'.

This makes the second this week. I wish the embroidered liner was in this one as well, but I have a spare, unless this one is sewn in place.

3xstetson1.jpg
3xstetson2.jpg
3xstetsoninbox.jpg
3xstetsoninterior.jpg
3xstetsonwbox.jpg

3xstetsonsweatstamp.jpg

Anyone know the cryptic meaning in this behind the sweatband stamp?

fashion frank

One Too Many
F. Witzleben Leipzig Melone

The felt finish and color are special but difficult to photograph. Size 57cm and weighs 140 grams. My guess would be 1920s. More details in the German & Austrian and Bowler / Derby threads.

8435294575_72abb0fc49_b.jpg

8436385716_16fe88625c_b.jpg

8436402882_cdddc77344_b.jpg

8436352586_b5d211c6af_b.jpg

Wow kodos to you on that hat !
I'm no bowler man per say as in I don't own even one ,but I just had to comment on your new hat ,I cant get over the condition for it's age and the color and texture of the felt looks
awesome from here for being in a picture , I bet pictures don't do it any justice though ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Jeff, your hats rock! And I love the TV!! :cool:

All of these Westerns and OR's are killing me!!! I have got to get a couple. After my 5 new hats (2 milans, 2 fedora mods, and 1 homburg) show up next week I will have to start saving up again.

Wow kodos to you on that hat !
I'm no bowler man per say as in I don't own even one ,but I just had to comment on your new hat ,I cant get over the condition for it's age and the color and texture of the felt looks
awesome from here for being in a picture , I bet pictures don't do it any justice though ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Frank, Thanks! I will have to take some photos with a better natural light source.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vintage Borsalino . Moths had a feast on this one so I've been sanding the daylight out of it.Like the color and this Alessandria style, looks a little better than before , Only consolation is the Liner and leather are mint .
6442B68C-1748-46C6-BD5C-54131C644EB8-357-00000080F0C3F878_zps5c3367a6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran