Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Robert, Amazing finds! If you get a chance I would like see more details on the JHS Omega. That is a new one (Omega) to me. French source?

Last edited:

Dronak

Familiar Face
Here's my latest purchase. I got it today from Hats by Haber, a place near me in the DC area. It's a Stetson Retro, and the brim is about 2.5". So now I finally have a wider brimmed summer hat. :)
stetsonretro.jpg

I noticed a stamp on the inside of the hat, which I also photographed. Sorry if it's not that great. I think the circle reads "Made in / Ecuador" and the middle says "Panama Hats", but I'm not really sure because the stamp isn't completely clear. Can anyone else read this or know what it says from coming across it in the past? And is it significant? Thanks!
stetsonretrostampcrop.jpg

Last edited:

Denton

One of the Regulars
I love the top / derby. Interesting shape -- the sides angled slightly inwards, and the top slightly rounded. Looks great on your head, too.

I think we have cell phone camera lens distortion here. The crown appears higher from other angles.

Would enjoy hearing more about your hat, coastguard... It looks nice.

Coastguard

New in Town
My first fedora I've ever owned. Its custom made by my child hood buddy
Who owns the oldest hat company I'm Texas ( standard hat works).
100x beaver, 5 1/4" year drop with 2 1/8" brim

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking good Coast Guard!

I just received 2 hats in from an old forum member Indycop. I'll post this one today and the other as time allows.

Glen Grey Campdraft with ribbon changed out for a wide navy one.
IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5543.JPG

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Coastguard, Tom was referring to the ratio of the height of your face to for height of the crown. On that photo it looks as though the crown could do with being a bit higher.

Alan is right though, with the wide angle lens in mobile phones we always see a ton of distortion. A couple of degrees different in the angle you hold the phone can make the hat look huge or tiny.

In any event, your friend looks to have made you a super quality hat.

Enjoy it!

Coastguard

New in Town
Ahh gotcha... Makes sense. Before ingot on this forum and started reading all the "standard specs" I told him I didn't want a super high crown. So he measured from my chin to middle of eye to get height before he put the top rear drop in it (which took out just a little).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo