Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coastguard

New in Town
Sorry for the misspelled words, cell phone posting is not advised! Lol anyways I just wanted to show you guys the professionals to now ur true thoughts on of it looks good, bad, great, etc...

Ahh gotcha... Makes sense. Before ingot on this forum and started reading all the "standard specs" I told him I didn't want a super high crown. So he measured from my chin to middle of eye to get height before he put the top rear drop in it (which took out just a little).

Right, that is why most here, & because we like the "old style" hats, go with at least a 5 1/2" open crown.
Some of us large noggin Loungers go for 5 5/8" & 5 3/4" open crowns to have enough for the crease to use.
Modern HatCo fedoras, see modern HatCo Stetson Stratoliner, have a 5 1/4" crown profile that is factory creased = too modern to some of us....
Nicely made lid, wear it well & often...

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1940s Knox.

01511.jpg

00811.jpg

More photos can be found in The School of Hard Knox.

djd

Practically Family
Found this homberg on a market stall a few weeks back. Not sure on the date? Exterior is in fine condition, the lining is a bit tatty but otherwise it's great

Found this homberg on a market stall a few weeks back. Not sure on the date? Exterior is in fine condition, the lining is a bit tatty but otherwise it's great

Wegener is a German maker. They are still in business. This look like its from the 50s. They made great hats back then. By the way it's a Homburg not a Homberg. :)

Last edited:

Luscombe

New in Town
IMG_3772_zps24c6ef69.jpg RaidersHat_zps59b01c93.jpg IMG_3775_zpse3dfc31b.jpg IMG_3773_zps26a96e3a.jpg

This Raiders hat arrived in the mail from John Penman yesterday after a several month wait. My first custom hat and I am thrilled.
John was a pleasure to work with and the hat fits perfectly. I am between a 5-3/8 to 5-1/2 so the custom sweat band and size is a real treat.

I really like this hat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo