Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mlech415

New in Town
I've never really worn hats just because they normally don't look good on me. To my surprise, this fedora from Goorin Bros looked decent to me. What do you all think, should I get it?

Mlech415

New in Town
I'm wearing it that way bc it feels awkward any other way, feel free to tell me I'm wearing it all wrong or something... I'm not a hat person, but that can change if I stumble upon the right hat for me.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Well, wear it however you feel best wearing it. As a general rule of thumb, hats should sit about a finger width above the ear when worn straight on. And that hat is what we'd call a Stingy brim fedora. There are a ton of them available on ebay for less than you'll pay for that Goorin which I'm sure is a wool felt and wool is an inferior hat material, when up against a fur felt hat. I realize this is kinda throwing you down the hat rabbit hole. Just figured I'd let you know you could have options for that style hat, at higher quality for less money. But again, if you like the hat, buy it and wear it!

Mlech415

New in Town
Thank you Banky! I have a kinda obcessive personality when it comes to learning about what makes items "the best" and learning about the creation of everyday objects.. You have indeed thrown my down the rabbit hole

BigFitz

Practically Family
I think I understand the feeling that "fedoras don't look good on me", but I think it's because I had never worn one before. I think if you get one and wear it a bit, your opinion will change about how they look on you. If you like it you should get it but you may want to compare the price of that Goorin( I have no idea what they go for) and makers of fur felt hats. Akubra makes many styles of fedoras for very reasonable prices.

Warbaby

One Too Many
Totally Useless

I found this fuzzy little Wegener dressage hat at a garage sale this weekend. It's totally useless because its a size 6 1/2 (52 cm) and was probably intended for a child or a small woman, but I had to buy it because...well because I thought it was a nifty little hat. Now what do I do with it...?

Hat_Dressage2cr.jpg

Hat_Dressage4cr.jpg

Hat_Dressage5cr.jpg

Hat_Dressage7cr.jpg

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Scored this little beauty on the 'bay for about 60 dollars. Got home today to find it waiting for me, wish I could have taken better shots.

A Premier Knox "The Fifth Avenue". Beautiful hat, I'm very pleased with it.

Open crown
1tQtYzS.jpg

Front
jglVGQD.jpg

Side
OEoJZDS.jpg

Edge decoration, never seen this style before
3ys1SEe.jpg

Inside
1ZAk6Jd.jpg

Price tag, it reads $30.00
o5Sw3aA.jpg

Another tag
40JAsW9.jpg

Me wearing it... I'll change the crown later.
3hNt7Ra.jpg

I found this fuzzy little Wegener dressage hat at a garage sale this weekend. It's totally useless because its a size 6 1/2 (52 cm) and was probably intended for a child or a small woman, but I had to buy it because...well because I thought it was a nifty little hat. Now what do I do with it...?

Wegener still makes a similar model but they don't mention the sex. It looks like a ladies style but I have no idea about dressage. I would say 1990 to 2005 on dating.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Knox Premier.

A cheap ebay gamble. Liner and sweat are in great condition. Felt is generally very good, apart from mothing on the brim. I think the lighter tracks should be okaywith a pin, steam and pounce, but there's one divot near the bow that I'll have to attempt to fill.

No idea on the age of this one. Colour is dark grey rather than black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace