Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
J. Hückel'a Synove Vídeň (J. Hückel´s Söhne Wien) Melone, size 5 3/4 Point, crown 4 1/2 inches, brim 2 1/4 inches, 154 grams. The liner and sweatband wording are in Czech but I believe it's from right around WWI. I really like the lower profile and striking liner / sweatband.

9679462269_bef956e4ec_b.jpg

9679455505_01b9bf4937_b.jpg

9682684364_104392b456_b.jpg

9679469297_4912139234_b.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Pristine looking bowler, Steve! Those richly pleated burgundy silk liners always remind me of coffin liners. My problem, I know, not the hat's.

Robert, that is an intriguing hat.

ManO, super score. Those beauties with tiny flaws are the best!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Robert: Congratulations! I had my eye set on that hat and had a watch on it. I never got around to bid, though. I'm happy it went to another lounger - and it looks great on you :)

Steve: Beautiful bowler! Gorgeous d'Orsay curl, liner and deep gold imprinting

Jomodad

New in Town
ede7y9ad.jpg

Some awesome new hats! I really want a cool vintage. It's hard to find my size and I never seem to have $ when I find one. I got my first fedora in Jr. High when I went to Sacramento with Youth in Government with the YMCA. Trench coat and all. I had some surgery in March if last year and started making my own hats as fun and art therapy. This is my latest wool fedora. I made it using a home made block and hand bashed the crown. I make my own hat bands too. I don't put liners in them right now because I redo them all the time. I use the stretch terry sweatbands but I only stretch them a tiny bit. They are comfortable and they keep the hat from blowing away in my convertible.

9yja4apa.jpg

This is my second panama made just a week ago

ma3ygy8e.jpg

My first panama. A thrift store find. I reshaped it. Lucky it had a wire in the brim. That's a ton of work with straw.

Are we having fun yet?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh Opera Hat owned by Frank T. Stack

I've had this for a few months, so it's not quite new. Just haven't posted it until now.

This is a Cavanagh Opera Hat from right around 1928-1930 or so. Has the "Cavanagh Make" imprint. 5 1/2" crown. Size 7 1/2, though there are no tags visible anywhere, due to the way Opera hats are constructed.

This particular hat is very special, as it was owned by Frank T. Stack, longtime superintendent of C&K/Hat Corporation of America before leaving in the early-1940s to start his own hat company, Stack Hats. Frank Stack was also a four-time mayor of Norwalk. This hat, along with some other HCA hats, comes courtesy of Pat Stack, Frank's last surviving son. This one is the oldest of the bunch. Sadly, all of his father's Stack Hats were gone a long time ago, along with his dad's favorite grey Homburg, a hat for which he was apparently well known, and a proper silk topper. I'm just grateful to have these.

StackCavanaghOpera1.jpg StackCavanaghOpera2.jpg StackCavanaghOpera3.jpg StackCavanaghOpera4.jpg

Brad

Jomodad

New in Town
Making your own is a roller coaster ride. About every 5 seconds your sure you destroyed it. I have taken hats apart and started all over again. But one thing is for sure. You really appreciate something much more when you try to make one. I want to lean some distressing techniques.

I just needed to make sure that we are having fun.

Are we having fun yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou