Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, all, and thanks Brad for narrowing down the date. I'll give it some time. I'm still on the lookout for a light gray homburg with a black band, but one with a more regular brim treatment (if I ever find one, that is!)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Does indeed! I guess my hangup is I'm not sure that it suits me. I haven't tried it with a suit yet, maybe it'll look better over a tie.

Rarely comes along a hat that really states "vintage" in a real in your face way. This hat of yours does. I tend to think worn with a suit, that hat transports you back in time like a time capsule. Sharp as a tack.

...I guess my hangup is I'm not sure that it suits me...
If it's not your usual style it might take a little getting used to, but I also think it really suits you. In fact, I think it goes so well with your handlebar moustache and haircut that you could step into a historical photo and blend in perfectly (similar to what LuvMyMan suggests above)!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
The image, we see in the mirror, is far from always congruent with the image of you, other people see. You may not see yourself quite like we do(?)

Personally, I can't imagine a face, that would look more at home below that hat. It's so close to absolutely perfect ... an obvious keeper! I'm sure, you will grow to love it - but the call is entirely yours :)

John Galt

Vendor
If it's not your usual style it might take a little getting used to, but I also think it really suits you. In fact, I think it goes so well with your handlebar moustache and haircut that you could step into a historical photo and blend in perfectly (similar to what LuvMyMan suggests above)!

+1

sola fide

One of the Regulars
Just picked up the Open Road Twenty Five within the last two weeks and picked up the Risistol San Antonio(thanks rclark)a month ago. The Stetson Royal was about 5 months ago.
Needless to say I like monochrome for now.
Mike A

navarre

Vendor
The image, we see in the mirror, is far from always congruent with the image of you, other people see. You may not see yourself quite like we do(?)

Personally, I can't imagine a face, that would look more at home below that hat. It's so close to absolutely perfect ... an obvious keeper! I'm sure, you will grow to love it - but the call is entirely yours :)

I agree with consensus, keep it Nick. It is a boss hat and looks good on you.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Just picked up this chocolate brown Whippet VITA-FELT a couple of days ago. It's in excellent condition but did require quite a bit of steaming. It has a 2 1/2" brim with 3/8" burnt orange grosgrain edging and a 5 1/2" open crown which is wrapped in a 1 1/2" matching burnt orange grosgrain ribbon. The ribbon is a little fancier than the other whippets I own. The crown tip says Vita Felt. The silk liner is a little loose but that's an easy fix. The leather sweatband is unreeded. The red Stetson tag behind the sweat has "702 1/2" stamped on it. I guess that's the block. I don't think I've seen that number on any of the Stetsons I own. I'm thinking the hat dates from when Stetson first introduced VITA-FELT.

photo1-552_zps2bd8c4e3.jpg

You have to hold one of these Vita-Felt Whippets to really appreciate it. I had a light blue one once with blue trim, that might be my favorite hat ever.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yes, another Stagecoach. I should have stopped buying hats but as I saw this one, I had to have it and for $35 (without shipping) I couldn't not stop myself.
It came with a (yuck) feather hatband (it looks to be artesanal). The seller sent the original hatband that I put back. Had to take some daylight pictures of it. I find it really nice!
stagebond01.jpg

stagebond02.jpg

stagebond03.jpg

stagebond04.jpg

stagebond05.jpg

stagebond06.jpg

stagebond07.jpg

stagebond08.jpg

stagebond09.jpg

Flash

Familiar Face
Akubara Federation IV

Irrived today in the mornig. I have had no time to unpack and bash it. And I will be back at home after a month. This is a real test of patience :D
20140527_103947.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joao there is a restaurant in town that has that exact hat on one if the shelves as a display (with the ribbon not the feathers). I was wondering what kind of hat it was.

Flash you must have LOTS OF patience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy