Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
A great showing of the old and the new, guys.

Moon, that Knox is a sight to behold. It looks brand new! I, too envy your gift of acquisition.

NewJack, that GC looks pretty Old School. First I've seen somebody get one. How's the fit?

Oh, and we need noggin shots, guys!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words about the Knox

Beautiful hat New Jack
Hopefully that Stetson pin is removable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewJack

Practically Family
Just picked up this Premier Knox Whippet clone.
Just a really beautiful hat in wonderful condition.
Super soft pliable felt ... Take a look
cb5a50e7839342f4bfc85419abb4a415.jpg

b11c0092b0087af12dd93a0bbfc625d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moon! These two shots alone knocks me off my feet!! I have developed a strong liking for Knox of this caliber! Whoa!!:eusa_clap

RobertM

Familiar Face
Premier Strat in "Cornhill" (who thinks up these names?) color - bought at JJ Hat Center. Too warm outside to really appreciate it - but Fall is around the corner... I think for me, this is about the widest brim and tallest crowns. I tried the OR, and loved the hat, but that crown is tool high for me. Wish I could pull that tall crown thing off well, but I figure there's still plenty of other styles to choose from.
Notice the hat boxes in the corner of the first picture...getting to be an addiction.....

R

041.jpg
045.jpg
047.jpg
053.jpg
054.jpg

Last edited:

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Robert, if you wear a taller crown for a while I'll bet you won't go back! That cornhill Strat looks great on you too.

RobertM

Familiar Face
Robert, if you wear a taller crown for a while I'll bet you won't go back! That cornhill Strat looks great on you too.

Roger,

Thanks. My first venture into Fedoraland was about 25 years ago - bought a Borsalino Allesandria at JJ's . I never felt it looked right on me. Felt the crown was just too high for me. About 2 years ago, one of my friends asked to see it on me. Both he and his wife said the same thing - that crown was just too high. I ended up selling it to a happy buyer - could have been a Lounger - not sure.
When I went into JJ's to try and buy some hats, I tried that OR. Salesperson and I came to the immediate same conclusion - beautiful hat; just too high a crown for my face. I'm not sure if it's a waiting game or a getting used to it thing. I don't think all fedoras are for all folks. I suppose time and experimenting will tell.

R

javadave61

Practically Family
Thanks, Dave. Get it at JJ's? Pretty nice place. Bought my first hat there about 25 or more years ago.

I bought mine at the Stetson outlet in Garland, TX. Mine had some rough stitching and a leaning, tapered crown, but I was able to block it back to the way it should be. The felt is thick and feels quite durable. I'm pleased.

javadave61

Practically Family
I tried that OR... beautiful hat; just too high a crown for my face.

Nice thing about the OR is you can lower the crown with the right crease.

Nicer thing about this Strat is that it's very OR-like, but with slightly smaller dimensions. It seems to be a great hat for you.

I did notice that after wearing my OR for a couple of days, when I put on my Strat yesterday, it felt a little small.

RobertM

Familiar Face
Nice thing about the OR is you can lower the crown with the right crease.

Nicer thing about this Strat is that it's very OR-like, but with slightly smaller dimensions. It seems to be a great hat for you.

I did notice that after wearing my OR for a couple of days, when I put on my Strat yesterday, it felt a little small.

DUH! Sorry, Dave. I was looking at the Campdraft, not the OR. Next time I'm there, I will take a look at the OR. In the meantime, I like this one:
http://www.jjhatcenter.com/collections/felt-hats/products/the-explorer-in-brown OR maybe silverbelly, or fawn, or grey, or...........
R

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy