Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
My "new" Resistol Beaver Twenty-Five has arrived.
Nice felt finish feels like suede, brim needs to be ironed, it's a bit tight but still fits nice, got the original receipt, got the Resistol hatbox, looks new and unworn!
resistol25A.jpg

That was a good deal Joao. Nice hat, and the felt on those 25s is beautiful. Hopefully you can get it to stretch a bit. Can't wait to see it on you once it is sorted out.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
So I was just coveting Fruno's olive gray Whippet this morning. Imagine my delight when Goodwill coughed this up today.
Resistol Fur Felt Fedora by Michael A2012, on Flickr
My eyes ain't so good with color anymore, but I think it is a sort of olive gray. Resistol. A bit stingy in brim and a tad large, but it does give me a chance to contemplate the color.
P1210141 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1210139 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Happy hunting.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Damn Michael, do I need to take a road trip from the west coast to shop at YOUR Goodwill stores? Crappy old baseball hats are all I find around here. Like the color, one I have not tried yet. I think it may suit me. Need my address, I'll pop for shipping...
I've never found any here before. Check the halloween display. I fear that the rest of the year they just throw them in the with recycled clothing.

Michael

This hat isn't exactly new to me, but it might as well be. You see, I bought it from Matt, a.k.a. "Historyteach24" in March of this year. It's a Winston Fedora that originally came with a Center Dent crease, and Matt re-shaped it to a Telescope crease to give it more of a Porkpie look. I really liked the way it looked, and he was almost giving it away because of some moth damage on the brim, so it became mine. The trouble is (or was) with it's very tapered crown being creased so low it sat mostly on top of my head rather than fitting properly even though the size is perfect, so I rarely wore it. Then, a few weeks ago I was looking at Porkpie hats online and saw some with a Diamond crease. I liked the look so I thought I'd give it a try, hoping the Diamond would give the crown a little extra height and width to counteract the amount of taper. Now, I've never had any luck with getting a good Diamond crease on any of my hats, and this one was no exception. But it took a C-Crease so easily that it was almost as if the hat had shaped itself. And, best of all, now it fits perfectly! Also, it's the only hat I have that I prefer to wear with the front of the brim snapped up. So, here it is--"before" on the left, "after" on the right:

Winston_Porker_Before_and_After_zpspec1z6vb.jpg

Not a huge difference, but enough to accommodate my enormous cranium. I was sorry to see the Porkpie look go, but I have no use for a hat I can't wear and I like the new look just as much. And now for the obligatory head shots; "before" on the left, "after" center and right:

Winston_Porker_Hideous_Putz_01_zps8kfxzlds.jpg

My sincere apologies for the model. He's a real putz, but he was the only one available. I'm sure this hat, with it's still somewhat low crown and narrow brim, isn't quite the "right" style for me. But there's something special about it that doesn't come through in my amateur photography. Maybe because it was made in Haifa, Israel, and it still retains that positive Judaistic energy. Or maybe it just has that "cool" factor. I don't know. Whatever the reason, I really like this hat and wear it regardless of whether or not it's "right" for me; my "I don't care" hat. Opinions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo