Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
that liner on the Stetson was not used until the late 50s
keyhole tags show up into the early 60s

post some pics of labels under the sweat

Thanks Moon!!! I try to look things up on the different Stetson threads but even on them, there is a LOT of supposition and conflicting opinions. Wish there was more concrete information out there.....too much lost through the years....
as for the labels under the sweat, they appear to be under the lining....the only tag on the sweat seems to be an unfilled white rectangular store tag for size and price..was not ever filled out....
It is good when we have people like you who have had and seen, a lot of examples to compare and go by....as for this pork pie Stetson...late 50's early 60's then!
Regards,
M
I also will be brushing up and posting pictures a "whippet" clone from Stephen L Stetson I picked up recently....too bad it wont fit me.....makes a great display piece though!!!!

Loz Dawes

Familiar Face
OK...Here's my latest outstanding stingy from Bob.. Rabbit blend, Velveteen finish.. brim 1 1/2'' overwelt, crown 4'' - 3 3/4'', black paisley liner, black sweatband, and invisible wind trolley... Whoa, Black Betty (Bam-ba-Lam) :D

Attachments

• Optimized-20161128_112435.jpg
    Optimized-20161128_112435.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 104

JazzHat

New in Town
Last time in Detroit I was headed to Harry the Hatter to shop for a new straw. I asked my Mother-in-law to go along as consultant. . . (she lived the era right?)
Anyway, when we got back to the house she took me back to the cedar closet and told me to take down the two hat boxes and gave me both hats.
The Lee is a nice hat, a real treasure as we were close

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I hear ya and I def. don't want to question forum wisdom but another puzzle piece you don't have. . . They married in '58 and she told me he had purchased both hats some years prior. . . on a trip to New York (John Cavanagh shop). She believes the N.Y. trip was about '52.
Senile dementia...?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I hear ya and I def. don't want to question forum wisdom but another puzzle piece you don't have. . . They married in '58 and she told me he had purchased both hats some years prior. . . on a trip to New York (John Cavanagh shop). She believes the N.Y. trip was about '52.
fair enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner