Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Champ for me , heathered Stetson for LilFed.
$_3.jpg
$_3-7.jpg

Bolero

A-List Customer
View attachment 77596 View attachment 77597 Off to the office I go... Definitely a bit too warm today for felt. I wanted to try my other Hatco Outlet score, the Norwood Panama.

View attachment 77596 View attachment 77597 Off to the office I go... Definitely a bit too warm today for felt. I wanted to try my other Hatco Outlet score, the Norwood Panama.

As usual..... looking Immaculate, Stylish, Well Groomed, 5 Star Applause, Applause....RU a male Model ???

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Here is a non-Pilgrim Sears hat.
IMG_4231 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4222 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Dented the way it came and I think it will stay that way.
IMG_4237 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3991 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_3992 by Michael A2012, on Flickr

2 1/4" brim, 4" at the pinch as dented, 1 3/8" ribbon. It's already been out on a couple of bike rides with me and it behaves itself fairly well.

Michael

Great looking hat there. I saw this hat too and was gonna bid but just couldn't tell from the pics if the dimensions would be right. Seeing it on you I should have bid! Looks great, congrats on a nice score.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Great looking hat there. I saw this hat too and was gonna bid but just couldn't tell from the pics if the dimensions would be right. Seeing it on you I should have bid! Looks great, congrats on a nice score.
Au contraire, you absolutely made the right decision to not bid. Ha ha. Besides, I think it would have been too small for you. It will get a bit of wear this summer on the cooler days as one of my dedicated bicycling hats.

Thanks,
Michael

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Sorry for the basic question (I am being lazy and not googling this), but is the Norwood a current model, meaning I can buy "anywhere" so to speak?
Bob Roberts and I picked these up from the Hatco Stetson Outlet in Texas. It is a discontinued model but last I checked with Candy they had a few left. I scoured the net to find something about them and found nothing. Bob texted me and said he has one of the Stetson reps going through old catalogs to see if they can find any info on it. My hat has a just under 2 3/4 brim and at its highest at the pinch just over a 5" crown. I love the hat. Especially for $49.99

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Bob Roberts and I picked these up from the Hatco Stetson Outlet in Texas. It is a discontinued model but last I checked with Candy they had a few left. I scoured the net to find something about them and found nothing. Bob texted me and said he has one of the Stetson reps going through old catalogs to see if they can find any info on it. My hat has a just under 2 3/4 brim and at its highest at the pinch just over a 5" crown. I love the hat. Especially for $49.99

Great, thanks - I saw after I posted the further explanations about Hatco. Will give them a call!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Just arrived. Rothschild Longley hat. Does any one have any info on the brand and hat? I really like the hat but it's about 2 sizes too big. View attachment 77478 View attachment 77479 View attachment 77480 View attachment 77481 View attachment 77482 View attachment 77483

GREAT hat there, 65.

Here's a great thread which shows a Longley Catalog and some examples.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/longley-low-alexander-catalog.50973/

There isn't a whole lot of information about Longley after 1920. A few ads, but nothing much. Most of the hats we see from Longley and the ads are pre-1920, so my guess along with the guesses of some around the lounge, was that Longley was either bought or went out of business completely sometime in the early-mid 1920's. Rothschild was a hat distributor so its interesting to see both names on the logo. The most probable reason was becasue Rothschild probably bought the Longley name which was established by Longley, Low, and Alexander in Chicago in the late 1800's. Since it was an established brand, Rothschild made it one of their "lines" of hats.

Here is a Rothschild ad from 1919 where it makes mention of Longley

And here is a Rothschild ad from 1920 where it mentions Longley as well.

Your logo is pretty identical with the two birds and Rothschild on top. The only difference is "Longley" is spelled out on the lower banner.

You should also post photos of that great hat in the "Pre-1940's Dress Hat" thread

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/pre-1940s-dress-hats.42884/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112