Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
So I landed yesterday in Nepal...All the felts sold in this area were the same brand, "Lihua Hats," whose slogan appears to be the very inventive, "well-known trademark of China." I suppose if that's your most important message it's good to get it out there as quickly as possible, so they actually printed it on the hat liner.

I googled the company and came up with their website if anybody's intersted. Looks like they supply Wal-Mart with hats, and maybe even Disney. They've got information in English here:
http://www.lihuahats.com/english/html/group1.htm...
After poking around their website a bit, if this is their only online presence (and that appears to be the case) it seems pretty clear that they don't rely on it to generate sales. I found it a little odd that the hat you bought wasn't included on their "Products" page until I saw those were their new hats for 2008. o_O

The hat I purchased is a high-crown model with lots of taper...Here's a real Tibetan in just such a hat...
Wonderful photo, and maybe a glimpse into your hat's future? I do think the hat looks a little too small for her. Shrinkage over time? Personal preference? Borrowed? Closest available to her size when she obtained it? We'll never know, but the fact that her hat looks like it's been around a while could be an indication that your money was well spent. Back here in the good old US of A, $18 can get you one of these...

zBhrllb.jpg

...or one of these...

8X2aUkI.jpg

...but it sure won't get you even a wool felt hat unless you're at a costume shop, Target, or Wal-Mart.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I like how the molding of the helmet includes the folds and lines of a proper puggaree.
Its a nice detail

This one is nicely built, tried to get a new one like this but the only ones available new are shitty looking bad quality ones !!

I have one from WW II, one more from the 80's and one I got 6 years ago.

Love to change the badges on the newer one, from Marines to Jurasic Park to British SAS to Disney ones !!!

And really wear them all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

msoliday

One of the Regulars
Grabbed this Adams "Premier Quality" Pacesetter off of evilBay. Probably paid way too much for it but couldn't help myself. Just one of those hats you see that you just have to have, to steal my wife's justification term. :) Proportions I love for my main wearing lids, light brown, and those beautiful shark gills... aaahhh...

Any idea of age? I would think mid-to-late-'50s but I'm not too schooled here n Adam hats.

ff01020abb659ce382d8b062a8e8df7b.jpg
3ab40c27e74248898dad7644e45f160f.jpg
c8f11fda603a747e2d432da3877b50ea.jpg
14be12890e91e0da8a5e3e3114e0a402.jpg
243e06508c0cdc351cee61360b867def.jpg
96a6fb20ab57fce54933fdcd2380f659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed this Adams "Premier Quality" Pacesetter off of evilBay. Probably paid way too much for it but couldn't help myself. Just one of those hats you see that you just have to have, to steal my wife's justification term. :) Proportions I love for my main wearing lids, light brown, and those beautiful shark gills... aaahhh...

Any idea of age? I would think mid-to-late-'50s but I'm not too schooled here n Adam hats.

ff01020abb659ce382d8b062a8e8df7b.jpg
3ab40c27e74248898dad7644e45f160f.jpg
c8f11fda603a747e2d432da3877b50ea.jpg
14be12890e91e0da8a5e3e3114e0a402.jpg
243e06508c0cdc351cee61360b867def.jpg
96a6fb20ab57fce54933fdcd2380f659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the shark's gill! I would think the assessment of latter 50s seems about right. Not sure but I think the liner tip may be a clue. The Adam dedicated thread might be worth a read.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Good morning loungers,
yesterday I experienced the perfect day that all lovers of hats would like to do once in life.
I have visited three lovely brothers who have found a remnant of storage, huge, made up of hats of all kinds and shape.
I went to help them classify and evaluate high quality hats. I have seen about two thousand hats mostly made in italy over the last 80 years.
Borsalino
25oxb47.jpg

The most prominent brand is Borsalino, then Panizza, Vanzina, some Barbisio, Guerra and some of the shadow brands of Borsalino: Palace, Junior and Alessandria.
Panizza
8xvfy1.jpg

There are also some very interesting productions branded as "M. Hutter " hat shop in Merano and "Charles Hatters" (an English name behind which an Italian manufacturer is hidden), some French, USA (Resistol and Stetson) and few Austrian.
Charles Hatters
14c7lfo.jpg

The field is very varied and can be a source of satisfaction.
Lobbia Borsalino
2m48288.jpg

There are all sizes, even large (61 - 62 cm.) often for a single hat with variations of colors and many models built here over the decades
They will soon be sold online on a site dedicated to them.
I will keep you informed, there are some historical and great pieces of Italian hatters of the last century.
Get ready!

Good morning loungers,
yesterday I experienced the perfect day that all lovers of hats would like to do once in life.
I have visited three lovely brothers who have found a remnant of storage, huge, made up of hats of all kinds and shape.
I went to help them classify and evaluate high quality hats. I have seen about two thousand hats mostly made in italy over the last 80 years.
Borsalino
25oxb47.jpg

The most prominent brand is Borsalino, then Panizza, Vanzina, some Barbisio, Guerra and some of the shadow brands of Borsalino: Palace, Junior and Alessandria.
Panizza
8xvfy1.jpg

There are also some very interesting productions branded as "M. Hutter " hat shop in Merano and "Charles Hatters" (an English name behind which an Italian manufacturer is hidden), some French, USA (Resistol and Stetson) and few Austrian.
Charles Hatters
14c7lfo.jpg

Lobbia Borsalino
2m48288.jpg

There are all sizes, even large (61 - 62 cm.) often for a single hat with variations of colors and many models built here over the decades
I will keep you informed, there are some historical and great pieces of Italian hatters of the last century.
Get ready!
Those Lobbia Borsalinos float my boat Daniele! Yummy!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good morning loungers,
Borsalino
25oxb47.jpg

Panizza
8xvfy1.jpg

Charles Hatters
14c7lfo.jpg

Lobbia Borsalino
2m48288.jpg

Get ready!
Daniele, looks like you were in a paradise for hat lovers. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the online site.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Those Lobbia Borsalinos float my boat Daniele! Yummy!
It is a piece of history I was lucky to find. It came directly from the last century, the thirties I guess.
When it is ready to be photographed I will do my duty as a photographer and so you will have all the details.
Unfortunately there are few homburgs in the lot, but a couple are more than magnificent.

Daniele, looks like you were in a paradise for hat lovers. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the online site.
Yes, I have been, with great effort, in the haven of hats.
Too many to see in a day, many to buy, but you have to be rational and not too greedy.
I hope in the near future you will have the opportunity to make your own considerations about this treasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda