Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In summer purchases, this hat also arrived for the simple reason that I love this Borsalino color very much
dattero-58-1-jpg.348869
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 5 1/2 or 58 centimeters in Europe and 7 1/8 in the US.
dattero-58-5-jpg.348870

The production is the historical one of the late sixties early seventies

The hat is very well preserved and has the color "Dattero" which I really like even if in this version it seems to have lost some of the yellow that warmed it, but you know that the colors of the felt are never the same
dattero-58-4-jpg.348872

The felt is medium weight and the brims are finished with a very small ribbon seal the same color as the ribbon
dattero-58-2-jpg.348874

The bow is one of my favorites in the Borsalino production.
dattero-58-interno-totale-jpg.348875

The interior show a classil lining of the period of production
dattero-58-3-jpg.348873

The measurements are as follows: the brims measure 6.5 cm, the ribbon 2.5 and the crown at the lowest point is 10.5 cm
A classic shape for a quality hat

Pellie

One Too Many
In summer purchases, this hat also arrived for the simple reason that I love this Borsalino color very much
dattero-58-1-jpg.348869
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 5 1/2 or 58 centimeters in Europe and 7 1/8 in the US.
dattero-58-5-jpg.348870

The production is the historical one of the late sixties early seventies

The hat is very well preserved and has the color "Dattero" which I really like even if in this version it seems to have lost some of the yellow that warmed it, but you know that the colors of the felt are never the same
dattero-58-4-jpg.348872

The felt is medium weight and the brims are finished with a very small ribbon seal the same color as the ribbon
dattero-58-2-jpg.348874

The bow is one of my favorites in the Borsalino production.
dattero-58-interno-totale-jpg.348875

The interior show a classil lining of the period of production
dattero-58-3-jpg.348873

The measurements are as follows: the brims measure 6.5 cm, the ribbon 2.5 and the crown at the lowest point is 10.5 cm
A classic shape for a quality hat
Nice and 58 is a great size :)

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Here we have a cool "Oviatt Model Made In England" originally purchased, according to a family member, at the Oviatt's store in the 40's for $15 (Oviatt price tag under sweat) by the actress Ann Richards. Hat's been lingering for sale online for ages so I finally had to rescue it. Besides lovely color, felt's soft and luxurious. I really dig the no BS bash and style that Ms Richard's went with: who knows how many cads had drinks dumped on their head while she was wearing it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Richards_(actress)
IMG_8603.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

IMG_8593.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8611.jpg

Last edited:
Here we have a cool "Oviatt Model Made In England" originally purchased, according to a family member, at the Oviatt's store in the 40's for $15 (Oviatt price tag under sweat) by the actress Ann Richards. Hat's been lingering for sale online for ages so I finally had to rescue it. Besides lovely color, felt's soft and luxurious. I really dig the no BS bash and style that Ms Richard's went with: who knows how many cads had drinks dumped on their head while she was wearing it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Richards_(actress)
View attachment 349347
View attachment 349348
View attachment 349349
View attachment 349350
View attachment 349351
Quite cool

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
J. Hückel´s Söhne "Extra" "Leicht", French Point 5 1/2, 110 grams, possibly late 1920s. The Black Felt has a Smooth Finish and is light weight and very pliable. The the Snap Brim with Binding is almost 3 inches in width. Condition is very good with all original components including the Crown Patch.

51335790810_a28e8903b2_h.jpg
Non plus ultra

Echter Rockel Velour, No Paper Label, measures ~ 58 cm, possibly late 1920s. The the Gray Velour is very pliable with a great amount of gloss. The Crown is ~ 6 inches Open with a ~ 2 1/2 inch Brim. The black Bat Wing like Bow is really fantastic.

51337231828_280cfecea9_h.jpg
Superlative

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
A new Sunbody bowler by way of Robert @belfastboy - Wolfbrae Hatters. Robert updated this one with a leather sweat and a deep purple grosgrain ribbon. It is hard to put a D'Orsay curl on thick straw, so we decided on a more traditional "western-look" curled brim.
I quite like the shape of the brim on that hat as it is. Now all it needs is a Diamond crease, and... :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk