Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FunnelVission

New in Town
My much anticipated Stetson Premier Stratoliner arrived today. Been looking forward to this ever since I accepted the silverbelly w/ brown ribbon wasn't going to happen, haha. Being in Oregon the sage green I think will work better as an every day hat anyways!
First time having an open crown hat, was fun shaping it and haven't steamed it so I can continue trying different things until I find something I like (or may just not steam it in general).
sMKDrFC.jpg

Qx14Y2O.jpg

I think the open crown might be a bit much hat for my taste, heh.
q8IAtrU.jpg

kx4yN4m.jpg

My much anticipated Stetson Premier Stratoliner arrived today. Been looking forward to this ever since I accepted the silverbelly w/ brown ribbon wasn't going to happen, haha. Being in Oregon the sage green I think will work better as an every day hat anyways!
First time having an open crown hat, was fun shaping it and haven't steamed it so I can continue trying different things until I find something I like (or may just not steam it in general).
sMKDrFC.jpg

Qx14Y2O.jpg

q8IAtrU.jpg

kx4yN4m.jpg
I love the color combination

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
sMKDrFC.jpg

Qx14Y2O.jpg

q8IAtrU.jpg

kx4yN4m.jpg

Looking at the last photos, I think the next hat on your list ought to be a Bowler/Derby. I think the style would suit you. Plus, no need to worry about creasing :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Panos @PanosChris posted this one back in May. Luckily, it was a tad too large for him, so happily, it ended on my head.

Borsalino Misto Ionio. Apparently, only one of three so far seen on the FL.

Wonderful feel and hand to the felt. Nice overall proportions. Can be worn up or down. Looks best on me down, I believe.

20211102_144849.jpg 20211102_144840.jpg 20211102_145109.jpg 20211102_144936.jpg 20211102_144917.jpg

Attachments

• 20211102_140626.jpg
    20211102_140626.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 80

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
We are at the penultimate chapter of the series "Beautiful and impossible"
Brumel_2[1].jpg

This time the fault is mine and mine alone. On the wave of enthusiasm I bought two hats from a mute or rather uninformed seller.
Brumel_4_a[1].jpg

The discovery of the size put the writer in a bad mood and also Stefan who first peeked under the sweatband of the two Lord hats.
Brumel_6[1].jpg
Brummel's Imperial size 54 centimeters or 3 1/2 for the French and 6 3/4 in the USA.
Brumel_3[1].jpg

It is one of the most beautiful English hats in terms of felt and workmanship I have ever had in my hands. The surface has a velvety touch and the softness is excellent.
Brumel_7[1].jpg

The proportions of this Lord hat are as follows: brim curled at 6 cm. the ribbon is 4cm and the height of the crown at its minimum point is 11cm.
Brumel_interno_totale[1].jpg

It was bought in the Cession shop in Liège - Belgium a few years ago. Honestly, I wanted it to be my size, but it seems useless to say, like its brother.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I hope this is the last chapter of the "Beautiful and Impossible" series, at least for this year.
Brother of Brummel's, in size, that you see in this thread has aroused enormous interest, later revealing itself to be a bitter disappointment.
Lord_Borsa_1_modificato-1[1].jpg

The size ruled out any possibility for me and for Stefan as well.
Lord_Borsa_3_modificato-1[1].jpg

Borsalino Qualit° Superiore (on the front of the sweatband) size 54 centimeters or 3 1/2 for the French and 6 3/4 in the USA.
Lord_Borsa_interno_parziale[1].jpg
The trademark, in yellow, is barely visible above the tip of the Cession hats shop in Liège.
I have rarely seen the Borsalino logo printed directly on the felt and this leads me to think it is a hat from before the Second World War or made immediately after.
Lord_Borsa_etichetta_carta[1].jpg
The paper label suggests the second hypothesis.
Lord_Borsa_interno_totale[1].jpg

The color of the felt is "Rutenio" and the type of hat is "Etnasti" (never found in my life)
Lord_Borsa_6_modificato-1[1].jpg

The proportions of this rare Borsalino Lord hat are as follows: brim curled at 6 cm. the ribbon is 4cm and the height of the crown at its minimum point is 10cm.
Lord_Borsa_7_modificato-1[1].jpg

He too was bought in the Cession shop in Liège - Belgium a few years ago.
Lord_Borsa_9[1].jpg

I have no hat of this shape and having one either in black or as this would have been a satisfaction, it is instead destined to remain in my personal museum, as long as a small size shows up :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This is the one that began the Borsalino lavine.
Panizza Sportsman. Wonderful feel to the felt. The dark olive green colour appealed to me at once along with the liner.
Panizza called it the Sportsman. As can be seen from the liner logo, it would be better called the Huntsman :)
Homburg/Camber style. More Homburg style than Camber as the brim cannot be snapped down, but still not quite a Homburg.

Thanks again to Panos @PanosChris for keeping this one for me, and thanks for the work on the brim.

20211103_211052.jpg 20211103_211055.jpg 20211103_215714.jpg 20211103_220024.jpg 20211103_220422.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
Panizza Sportsman. Wonderful feel to the felt. The dark olive green colour appealed to me at once along with the liner.
Panizza called it the Sportsman. As can be seen from the liner logo, it would be better called the Huntsman :)
Homburg/Camber style. More Homburg style than Camber as the brim cannot be snapped down, but still not quite a Homburg.

Thanks again to Panos @PanosChris for keeping this one for me, and thanks for the work on the brim.

View attachment 375544 View attachment 375545 View attachment 375546 View attachment 375547 View attachment 375548
That's a nice one Steve. Unique.

Snowman

Practically Family

View attachment 375544 View attachment 375545 View attachment 375546 View attachment 375547 View attachment 375548
Love that liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ