Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
This came in a few days ago.
Gelot in black. Size 58 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Delivered in its original box and with the gelot packing paper as well. While it is supposed to be a size 58, it doesn't feel like it, because it more or less fits my size 56 (a bit roomy, but still).
The Gelot felts I've handled before were of quality, but the finishing wasn't very good to be honest. This one is a lot better on both. And I do wonder if the felt could be beaver or a mix.
gelot homburg_01.jpg
gelot homburg_02.jpg
gelot homburg_03.jpg
gelot homburg_04.jpg
gelot homburg_05.jpg
gelot homburg_07.jpg
gelot homburg_08.jpg
gelot homburg_09.jpg
gelot homburg_10.jpg
gelot homburg_11.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This came in a few days ago.
Gelot in black. Size 58 with the bound brim at 6cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Delivered in its original box and with the gelot packing paper as well. While it is supposed to be a size 58, it doesn't feel like it, because it more or less fits my size 56 (a bit roomy, but still).
The Gelot felts I've handled before were of quality, but the finishing wasn't very good to be honest. This one is a lot better on both. And I do wonder if the felt could be beaver or a mix. View attachment 431254 View attachment 431255 View attachment 431256 View attachment 431257 View attachment 431258 View attachment 431259 View attachment 431260 View attachment 431261 View attachment 431262 View attachment 431263
Nice find Stefan, especially with the box.

Edward VII died in 1910. Neither the box nor the hat look like they're that old. Interesting marketing ploy to mention the Royal warrant after it expired. I wonder how long Gelot kept that up?

Nice find Stefan, especially with the box.

Edward VII died in 1910. Neither the box nor the hat look like they're that old. Interesting marketing ploy to mention the Royal warrant after it expired. I wonder how long Gelot kept that up?
Thanks, Steve. They probably kept it up as long as possible. I think the hat and box are certainly post war, even if the style of hat has a pre-war feel.

Rumad

One Too Many

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

StoryPNW

Practically Family

Apollo

Familiar Face
East sea trading has been revived and the first deal was a hat exchange between Oslo and Volendam. Not a Norwegian hat, but an American one. Thanks Panos @PanosChris !
Stetson 3X beaver homburg in dark brown. Size 7 (56) with the brim at 6cm and the crown 11cm at the center dent. Usually these brown homburgs have a lighter brown colour and I have several of those. I really like this darker shade. It doesn't say St Regis on the sweatband, but the blocknumber is the same: F 296. I think this one is from the early sixties.

stetson-3x-regis_01-jpg.309613
stetson-3x-regis_02-jpg.309614
stetson-3x-regis_03-jpg.309615
stetson-3x-regis_04-jpg.309616
stetson-3x-regis_05-jpg.309617
stetson-3x-regis_06-jpg.309618
stetson-3x-regis_07-jpg.309619
stetson-3x-regis_08-jpg.309620
stetson-3x-regis_09-jpg.309621
stetson-3x-regis_11-jpg.309622
Nice hat man! what is the overall height of the open crown

Two Scott&Co hats came in this week. Rather special given the colour of these bowlers. So Here is the first one: Scott&Co bowler in grey. Size 7 1/4, with the brim a tad under 5,5cm and the crown about 12,5cm (to my eye at least). Weighs 196 grams. I think this is the later one. It is not true to size and feels definitely smaller. Likely a woolfelt or a mixed felt as it has some texture to the hand.

scottbowlerg_1.jpg

scottbowlerg_2.jpg

scottbowlerg_3.jpg

scottbowlerg_4.jpg

scottbowlerg_5.jpg

scottbowlerg_6.jpg

scottbowlerg_7.jpg

scottbowlerg_8.jpg

scottbowlerg_9.jpg

And the brown one. Scott&Co bowler in light brown. Also a size 7 1/4 with the brim at 5cm and the crown slightly higher it seems than the grey one at 13cm. Weighs 160 grams and this has a smoother hand than the grey one.

scottbowlerb_1.jpg

scottbowlerb_2.jpg

scottbowlerb_3.jpg

scottbowlerb_4.jpg

scottbowlerb_5.jpg

scottbowlerb_6.jpg

scottbowlerb_7.jpg

scottbowlerb_8.jpg

scottbowlerb_9.jpg

And this is what the shop looked like, which is all I could find about the retailer.

accent.jpg

And the brown one. Scott&Co bowler in light brown. Also a size 7 1/4 with the brim at 5cm and the crown slightly higher it seems than the grey one at 13cm. Weighs 160 grams and this has a smoother hand than the grey one.

scottbowlerb_1.jpg

scottbowlerb_2.jpg

scottbowlerb_3.jpg

scottbowlerb_4.jpg

scottbowlerb_5.jpg

scottbowlerb_6.jpg

scottbowlerb_7.jpg

scottbowlerb_8.jpg

scottbowlerb_9.jpg

And this is what the shop looked like, which is all I could find about the retailer.

accent.jpg

Stefan, your photos aren’t working on your last two post. I’m not sure if it’s on my end or yours. Did you post/attach them the same as usual?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails