Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Dobbs Golden Coach, my guess is from sometime in the 80s. My sixth felt bowler but my first black one.

331C15F4-FDE9-4630-A877-D719460C2F4F.jpeg

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
My new 3X OR showed up today, what a great hat! I'm so excited I found a long oval. It's still not quite as long oval as my head but definitely an improvement or the reg oval size. It is in great condition, could use a little cleaning and the ribbons need smoothed out from being squished a little in the box. More in the Open Road thread.
View attachment 442324 View attachment 442325 View attachment 442326

Congrats - nice! I'm a long oval too, and I'm used to having to steam my hats into a longer shape to fit my head. Then behold - I recently stumbled onto an old extra long oval that fit so nicely I could almost hear angels sing. Those hats are magical for those of us with long noggins. I'll say it again - The hat looks great!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve, what age do you think? And what do you mean with basting stitches, the stitch on the bow?
Ja, basting stitches are the pre stitches put in place to set the ribbon and bow. They're meant to be removed once the "true" stitches are set.

Stefan has more or less nailed the time frame. Daniele can hopefully help place it more precisely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ