Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pellie

One Too Many
And again a brown Barbisio. No label. Felt is great, fit is perfect, but the hatband is not the best unfortunally. I think it had at first another hatband because i see some color difference by the hatband.
20220805_130524.jpg
20220805_130533.jpg
20220805_130411.jpg
20220805_130419.jpg
20220805_130424.jpg
20220805_130438.jpg
20220805_130509.jpg

And last but not least: a grey Battersby of London. No label and lining and also no hatband, but i am planning to give it a winered band, see pictures. Thanks so much @steur for purchasing this to me. :)
View attachment 442648 View attachment 442649 View attachment 442650 View attachment 442651 View attachment 442652 View attachment 442653 View attachment 442654 View attachment 442655 View attachment 442656
Whew! What a haul that was, Marcel. Some excellent hats you've scored there.

And last but not least:

Dang Marcel -- did you fill up the entire delivery truck or did you clear out an estate sale (seems like many of those had the same initials in them)? You've been on a roll this year. What is the hat count up to?

Stevens boater

Great look for you Dave! Good find in that size.

Pellie

One Too Many
Dang Marcel -- did you fill up the entire delivery truck or did you clear out an estate sale (seems like many of those had the same initials in them)? You've been on a roll this year. What is the hat count up to?

Great look for you Dave! Good find in that size.
Hey Bob, i was lucky i could buy an entire collection of italian hats of some woman who's husband has passed away. Her husband has the same size as me. I bought about 45 hats from her for very, and i mean very reasonable prices. I think my collection counts about 100 hats now.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bob, i was lucky i could buy an entire collection of italian hats of some woman who's husband has passed away. Her husband has the same size as me. I bought about 45 hats from her for very, and i mean very reasonable prices. I think my collection counts about 100 hats now.
The lady's husband had good taste in hats, Marcel. Excellent they fell into your lap, or head :). Congrats.

I like your choice of ribbon for the Battersby btw.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another green hat: Bantam Cervo.
No label, no lining. Good felt and fitting.
Like the Bantams.
20220805_131550.jpg
Marcel, you have found the right field to satisfy your craving for hats. Bravo!
All the hats you have received so far, whether they are branded Cervo or Barbisio, were built by the Cervo hat factory in the last part of its active life. Let's say six or seven years ago the Cervo hat factory closed its doors and this is a production of about fifteen to twenty years ago. It can be seen from the very simple felts and finishes to make the best use of what was available in stock.
Hatbands made from felt are often slightly different, by choice or necessity, from the color of the entire hat, so what you have are original hats that are hardly worn.
The lady with long red nails told you that they are her husband's collection, but looking closely at the age and brands of the hats, this is a leftover stock or hats bought at the end of a shop ;-)
The important thing is that you are satisfied and that you continue your pursuit of collectibles.

Pellie

One Too Many
Marcel, you have found the right field to satisfy your craving for hats. Bravo!
All the hats you have received so far, whether they are branded Cervo or Barbisio, were built by the Cervo hat factory in the last part of its active life. Let's say six or seven years ago the Cervo hat factory closed its doors and this is a production of about fifteen to twenty years ago. It can be seen from the very simple felts and finishes to make the best use of what was available in stock.
Hatbands made from felt are often slightly different, by choice or necessity, from the color of the entire hat, so what you have are original hats that are hardly worn.
The lady with long red nails told you that they are her husband's collection, but looking closely at the age and brands of the hats, this is a leftover stock or hats bought at the end of a shop ;-)
The important thing is that you are satisfied and that you continue your pursuit of collectibles.
Maybe you are right. I knew the hats where not all vintage, but with the prices i paid, i could not resist them. ;-) And a couple of hats are vintage (also some Borsalino's, not shown in this batch) so i am satisfied. :) And if you buy leftovers, is it possible to buy all in size 59? I don't know......but who knows!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ