Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Stevens Pace-Setter “The Royalist” California Weight. Cool two-tone ribbon.

IMG_6857.jpeg

IMG_6858.jpeg

IMG_6859.jpeg

IMG_6860.jpeg

IMG_6861.jpeg

IMG_6862.jpeg

IMG_6863.jpeg

IMG_6864.jpeg

IMG_6865.jpeg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Here is a recent pick up that I haven’t been able to find additional information on. It was manufactured in 2011 and everything seems top quality. The fur felt is very dense and velvety soft. The liner, hat band, and sweatband seem to be superior to Royal or Royal Deluxe offerings of the same era but there are no quality markings on the hat. Has anyone run across a hat like this?

IMG_8187.jpeg
IMG_8189.jpeg
IMG_8188.jpeg
IMG_8190.jpeg
IMG_8186.jpeg
IMG_8185.jpeg
IMG_8184.jpeg
IMG_8183.jpeg
IMG_8182.jpeg

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Today I drove 2.5 hours to pick up this beauty. I've been eyeing it for over a week on Facebook marketplace and decided I couldn't beat the price (100.00) and rarity of this vintage Resistol. When I picked it up the gentleman told me it was his grandfather's hat and after he passed away, they found it stored away in his attic and no one in the family wanted it, and from all indications, it was never worn. The color is gorgeous, the leather sweat is mint and pliable with no wear marks anywhere on the hat. Beautiful early Resistol.

Attachments

• resistol headliner.jpg
    resistol headliner.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 53
  • resistol hat #2.jpg
    resistol hat #2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 47
  • resistol #7.jpg
    resistol #7.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 51
  • resistol #6.jpg
    resistol #6.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
  • resistol #5.jpg
    resistol #5.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 47
  • resistol #4.jpg
    resistol #4.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 46
  • resistol #3.jpg
    resistol #3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 47
  • resistol #2.jpg
    resistol #2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 50
  • resistol #1.jpg
    resistol #1.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 55
Here is a recent pick up that I haven’t been able to find additional information on. It was manufactured in 2011 and everything seems top quality. The fur felt is very dense and velvety soft. The liner, hat band, and sweatband seem to be superior to Royal or Royal Deluxe offerings of the same era but there are no quality markings on the hat. Has anyone run across a hat like this?

View attachment 557624 View attachment 557625 View attachment 557626 View attachment 557627 View attachment 557628 View attachment 557629 View attachment 557630 View attachment 557631 View attachment 557632
Cool ribbon work. I’d be tempted to think it was post production... but then a look at that fancy liner tells me it may have been all original.

Today I drove 2.5 hours to pick up this beauty. I've been eyeing it for over a week on Facebook marketplace and decided I couldn't beat the price (100.00) and rarity of this vintage Resistol. When I picked it up the gentleman told me it was his grandfather's hat and after he passed away, they found it stored away in his attic and no one in the family wanted it, and from all indications, it was never worn. The color is gorgeous, the leather sweat is mint and pliable with no wear marks anywhere on the hat. Beautiful early Resistol.
That is a beauty in fantastic shape. Incredible deal and a great find especially in your size. Congratulations

IMG_20231103_164310882_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Stetson Musketeer - Champagne
4 5/8 crown as shaped - about 5 1/2 open
1 5/8 Duo-Tone Grosgrain Ribbon (Champagne/Maroon)
2 3/4 Brim with 1/8 Champagne binding and triple stitching

I am very grateful to @BobHufford that he reached out and offered this Stetson Musketeer to me. I have another one of these with the light colored liner and it was cool to get one with the maroon liner tip. For some reason I did not realize this one was in a different colored felt. The other ones I have seen including mine have been a very light blue grey felt with a silver/maroon duo ribbon. Possibly I may have seen a slightly darker grey version. I think that left me to assume the yellow tones I saw in the photos was just lighting. In fact this Musketeer is an entirely different color scheme with a beautiful champagne colored felt along with a champagne and maroon duo tone ribbon. The Musketeer styling is completed with the 2 3/4 brim bound in matching grosgrain along with three rows of decorative stitching.

The Stetson Musketeer was a model named only via magazine advertisements in 1950 the name does not appear anywhere on the hats themselves. Their unique styling though makes them easy to identify.

Thanks so much to Bob for keeping me in mind for this one. I am so happy to have this great example in my collection. It is truly one of those hats I find myself taking off to admire.

IMG_20231103_164338141_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231103_164324227_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231103_164346051_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231103_164424080_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231103_164437764_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231103_164447497_HDR_Original.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg
IMG_5115.jpeg
IMG_5127.jpeg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, I thought that the Musketeer Ribbons were three different colors, maroon, a tone between Maroon and the top Cream color. Two of those look the same color.
later

View attachment 557867

Stetson Musketeer - Champagne
4 5/8 crown as shaped - about 5 1/2 open
1 5/8 Duo-Tone Grosgrain Ribbon (Champagne/Maroon)
2 3/4 Brim with 1/8 Champagne binding and triple stitching

I am very grateful to @BobHufford that he reached out and offered this Stetson Musketeer to me. I have another one of these with the light colored liner and it was cool to get one with the maroon liner tip. For some reason I did not realize this one was in a different colored felt. The other ones I have seen including mine have been a very light blue grey felt with a silver/maroon duo ribbon. Possibly I may have seen a slightly darker grey version. I think that left me to assume the yellow tones I saw in the photos was just lighting. In fact this Musketeer is an entirely different color scheme with a beautiful champagne colored felt along with a champagne and maroon duo tone ribbon. The Musketeer styling is completed with the 2 3/4 brim bound in matching grosgrain along with three rows of decorative stitching.

The Stetson Musketeer was a model named only via magazine advertisements in 1950 the name does not appear anywhere on the hats themselves. Their unique styling though makes them easy to identify.

Thanks so much to Bob for keeping me in mind for this one. I am so happy to have this great example in my collection. It is truly one of those hats I find myself taking off to admire.

View attachment 557869 View attachment 557870 View attachment 557871 View attachment 557872 View attachment 557873 View attachment 557874 View attachment 557875 View attachment 557876 View attachment 557877
It's a beauty, Joe. Congrats.

Panizza Sportsman longhair heather fedora in a nice silvergrey called Sardina. Size 58 with the overwelt brim at 6cm and the crown at 10,5 cm at the center dent. Weighs 120 grams.
This hat has been messed with. Not only by a few moths, who had a go at the underside of the brim and took a few nips here and there. That's the advantage of these longhair heather felts: you hardly notice it. The other one messing with it was standing on two legs (unless the moths changed the ribbon too). According to the label the ribbon is "fantasia", but that's not what's on the hat. Fantastia ribbons are those crotcheted affairs found on seventies hats. Well, taking that off is all good, right? Yes, but only if you do it without damaging the hat. And they did that here: right above the bow you can see a spot where the longhair finish is just gone. Pity really, because it's a lovely hat. It can be covered up of course with a wider ribbon or a feather and it's not that noticeable, but it's there nonetheless.

panizza sportsman sardina_01.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_02.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_03.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_04.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_06.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_07.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_08.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_09.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_11.jpg
panizza sportsman sardina_12.jpg

Hi, I thought that the Musketeer Ribbons were three different colors, maroon, a tone between Maroon and the top Cream color. Two of those look the same color.
later
My experience has been two toned. usually Maroon and silver. This one using the champagne colors for the felt and upper ribbon along with the maroon. Maroon definitely seems to be common throughout any variations I have seen.

IMG_4637.jpeg

This is the ad we see most from The Saturday Evening Post.

Some years back Fedoralover had Art do a musketeer inspired recreation that appears to have used three tones

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/resurrection-of-the-stetson-musketeer.56325/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran