Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Score!

thunderw21 said:
Hey Alphy, nice lid!

I just won this tonight on the Bay. It's rough looking, needs a good brushing, blocking and a steam but I have a good feeling about it.

vintage Mallory

Looks to be a light-weight/summer hat from the 1930s/early 1940s.

That's a great find! With a little tender loving care it's going to come right back to life. Be sure to post pictures when you've got it resuscitated.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Royal Stetson OR

DSCN7026.jpg

DSCN7027.jpg

DSCN7024.jpg

DSCN7033.jpg

DSCN7031.jpg

DSCN7035.jpg

DSCN7036.jpg

DOUGLAS

Thanks bolthead. It does look new. It is pristine. I was looking for a R S OR.
I am not sure the wide oval is working out though.

Ande1964

Practically Family
I was going to ask you about the wide oval, but the hat looked soft enough that it might work regardless.

I just bought this one . No... I probably didn't need another brown fedora, but I can't resist these damn buy it nows! Plus, I don't own a Portis.

9ad8_1.JPG

9b9d_1.JPG

I will have to stretch this two sizes, or close to it. We'll see how my stretcher handles it.

Anj

Stoney

Practically Family
That ribbon looks great on there Anj. I hope there is enough under the bow for you to reuse it after the stretch, provided it is in good shape of course.

Great looking hat.

Douglas,

How do you find all of the really nice hats.

DOUGLAS

Stoney, I am willing to wait for what I want. Some times I find it quickly and other times it has taken years to find a hat. I look at every off photo on the bay and look through the shops in places a great find may be hidding.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Stoney said:
That ribbon looks great on there Anj. I hope there is enough under the bow for you to reuse it after the stretch, provided it is in good shape of course.

Stoney, I recently took a hat apart, and stretched it up two sizes. When I went to put the ribbon back on, there wasn't enough. On a whim, I pinned the ribbon together, soaked it, and put it on the stretcher. It worked! :)

P1040593.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Portis

Don't know about the ribbon yet. I just bought it, and it won't be delivered until next week.

Alan, if the hat doesn't seem workable for me when it arrives, I'll let you know.

Anj

Feraud

Bartender
I just received a sage green Stetson Whippet Air-Lite with a Mode Edge.
The felt is super soft and effortlessly takes a shape.
Guess who is a happy camper?

Stoney

Practically Family
Very Clever JT!

I'm glad to know that it's possible.

J.T.Marcus said:
Stoney, I recently took a hat apart, and stretched it up two sizes. When I went to put the ribbon back on, there wasn't enough. On a whim, I pinned the ribbon together, soaked it, and put it on the stretcher. It worked! :)

P1040593.jpg

Stoney

Practically Family
OK , lets see it. And no complaining about the lack of vintage hats in your size. lol

Feraud said:
I just received a sage green Stetson Whippet Air-Lite with a Mode Edge.
The felt is super soft and effortlessly takes a shape.
Guess who is a happy camper?

Feraud

Bartender
Stoney said:
OK , lets see it. And no complaining about the lack of vintage hats in your size. lol
I never complain about that. :)

Stetson Whippet Air-Light with Mode Edge. It is a sage green color felt depending on the light.
DSC04535.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

The felt is incredibly light and pliable. It takes no effort to shape this hat.

Here it is next to my moss green Whippet
DSC04542.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda