Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Naw, it wouldn't matter when it comes down to it. That's a damn nice quality sweat band in appearance and I'd love to find out where to get my mitts on some. I'd appreciate it if you remember to bring it up to the fella' on one of your visits.

Thx!

G

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This came yesterday.....

My first Black Straw, happens to be a Knox. :D

Kinda liking the ribbon on this one.....

KnoxStraw1.jpg
KnoxStraw2.jpg

The sweat is in real nice shape as well.....

KnoxStraw003.jpg
KnoxStraw005.jpg

BobC

bolthead said:
My first Black Straw, happens to be a Knox. :D

Kinda liking the ribbon on this one.....

KnoxStraw1.jpg
KnoxStraw2.jpg

The sweat is in real nice shape as well.....

KnoxStraw003.jpg
KnoxStraw005.jpg

I'm amazed at how you come up with those cool hats with the coolest ribbons, Bolt. You and GWD must have the market cornered.

AlanC

And now for something completely different...

p1013535nt3.jpg

p1013538yj0.jpg

p1013540dl3.jpg

Thanks to Lounger bruce wayne for letting this Optimo go. It's so radically different from anything I have it's going to take some getting used to.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
AlanC, if you can't get used to that hat, I'm sure somebody around here will gladly take it off your hands. That's a beautiful hat!

AlanC

BobC said:
Nice, Alan. How wide is that brim? I haven't seen a porkpie with that wide a brim before.

It's not that the brim is that wide, it's that the crown is that low. The brim measures 2 3/8", the crown 3 5/8".

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi Alan,

The wide brim/low crown combination looks like one would need some time to get used to- a little "zootish" maybe. Please show it on your head! It will surely look different than the hat-only images.

Is is a great hat anyway.

Daniel

AlanC

Here's a pic with a white background that will provide better contrast with the hat. The hat is a dark grey, although not all the way to charcoal.

p1013544ja3.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Wide brimmed porkpies

AlanC said:
It's not that the brim is that wide, it's that the crown is that low. The brim measures 2 3/8", the crown 3 5/8".
I like the look. It's similar to the hat Lester Young used to wear (who Mingus wrote "Goodbye, Porkpie Hat" as a memorial). I like it so much that I converted my Akubra Sydney to a wide brimmed porkpie and I think it works! I remember seeing pictures of Fred Astair and Danny Kaye wearing wide brimmed porkpies as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy