Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

citRon

A-List Customer
whoa, Dixon- very nice! The Fed Deluxe looks so much nicer than the standard Fed in the brown color- even though they are supposed to be the same brown.
Looks great.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
silverbelly001na0.jpg

My new Tony B lid. Silverbelly, with Granny Smith apple accent

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
No big buckle, no turkey, just a plain old hat

I just saved an old trooper of a fedora from the trash-bin. It'll never be my "Sunday go to meetin' " hat, but then, I wear a fedora every day of the week so I don't care. I'm not familiar with the maker" Pilgrim". There are no other markings on the sweatband other than that name and logo, which kind of looks like a shield. I googled "Pilgrim hat" and "Pilgrim hat company" but all that comes up are the Pilgrim hats synonymous with the, you guessed it, Pilgrims.
Appreciate any and all light any of you can shine on my new mystery hat.
Thanks in advance,
Frankie L.

carter

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
Looks like it might have been a porkpie with the crease taken out.[huh]
nh4.jpg

That hat was most likely made as a flat-crown hat by Stetson. The felt quality (Royal De Luxe), wide ribbon with backbow, flat crown, and relatively narrow brim, are reminiscent of the Stetson Continental from the 50's. This appears to be a style called the Bimbo, which I've not seen before. That's a nice hat and a good find.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Desdinova721 said:
Here's something I have never seen before. Antique store find.
nh1.jpg

nh2.jpg

nh3.jpg

nh4.jpg

You do have a rare find. It was made as a "Flat-top." There is, however, just enough of a dome, that if you push down on the top, it will pop down and look like a "Porkpie." (Or maybe a concave porkpie.)

I have one that looks like the twin to yours. On mine, the top of the liner is no longer legible. The sweatband says, "Stetson 3X Beaver."

You found a quality hat, and it looks good, too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Frankie Lamb said:
I just saved an old trooper of a fedora from the trash-bin. It'll never be my "Sunday go to meetin' " hat, but then, I wear a fedora every day of the week so I don't care. I'm not familiar with the maker" Pilgrim". There are no other markings on the sweatband other than that name and logo, which kind of looks like a shield. I googled "Pilgrim hat" and "Pilgrim hat company" but all that comes up are the Pilgrim hats synonymous with the, you guessed it, Pilgrims.
Appreciate any and all light any of you can shine on my new mystery hat.
Thanks in advance,
Frankie L.

From the hat makers thread:
The Pilgrim brand had a long and successful life as a brand of Sears clothing for men, first appearing in 1905, and hitting its high point in the 1940s. Most Pilgrim brand hats were made by Lee for Sears, and the product line continued until 1964.

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
It's a Golden Coach Dobbs. On the front of the sweatband it says President. Now that's a high crown. Not one for major stingy brims, but this is an exception. I'll post more detailed pictures tonight with my actual CAMERA. Any idea what decade this is from? The ribbon is amazing. I'll post pictures tonight.
firstfedorashot.jpg

thirdhighcrownshot.jpg

secondhighcrownshot.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
3 More Good Ones!

Desdinova, that's a very cool flat top. The "Bimbo" inscription on the sweat is great!

gtDean48, nice recreasing job! Those cattleman's creases just don't do it for me.

UWS, very clean (unworn?) Dobbs Coachman there. Excellent find, and you wear it well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran